Any Christian white males applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
tacrum43 said:
You know, a big part of being a Christian is reaching out to others with kindness, mercy, etc., regardless of who they are or what they believe. After all, that's what Jesus did. Telling people, "I know I'm right, and you can stuff it" probably isn't a part of being a "good Christian".

Unfortunately, kindness has been mistaken for "tolerance." It is possible to be and orthodox, loving, merciful, benevolent Christian, yet not be tolerant and accepting of all religions as legitimate paths to God.

And btw, Jesus was very much "I am the way, the truth, and the light, no man comes unto the Father but by me." Not very PC, I agree, but the truth nonetheless.

Members don't see this ad.

mercaptovizadeh said:
Unfortunately, kindness has been mistaken for "tolerance." It is possible to be and orthodox, loving, merciful, benevolent Christian, yet not be tolerant and accepting of all religions as legitimate paths to God.

And btw, Jesus was very much "I am the way, the truth, and the light, no man comes unto the Father but by me." Not very PC, I agree, but the truth nonetheless.

And what do you think kindness is? It certainly isn't kindness only to other Christians. You're supposed to be kind and merciful to everyone. You know, the whole "least of these my bretheren" thing? Jesus won his followers by offering mercy and healing to all. Now, we can't do all that he did, but we can try to emulate him as much as we can.

Crap, I've gotten sucked into another one of these threads. *Bangs head against wall* No! No! Bad tacrum43!.

tacrum43 said:
And what do you think kindness is? It certainly isn't kindness only to other Christians. You're supposed to be kind and merciful to everyone. You know, the whole "least of these my bretheren" thing? Jesus won his followers by offering mercy and healing to all. Now, we can't do all that he did, but we can try to emulate him as much as we can.

Crap, I've gotten sucked into another one of these threads. *Bangs head against wall* No! No! Bad tacrum43!.

I agree with you 100%. I think it is possible to be kind and loving to all men, regardless of whether they are Christians or not, yet to recognize the fact that the only way to God is through his Son. That is why I hate the "So, am I going to hell?" questions, because they are so confrontational, and you know that they are not really asking you a question, they are accusing Christianity of being exclusive and intolerant (which in the salvation sense it is).

mercaptovizadeh said:
That is why I hate the "So, am I going to hell?" questions, because they are so confrontational, and you know that they are not really asking you a question, they are accusing Christianity of being exclusive and intolerant (which in the salvation sense it is).

That question is intended to be confrontational, because the person wants to be able to pigeon hole you, and thereby be able to just dismiss what you say as being another crazy religious person.

A better response than "Yes, you will go to hell for not being a Christian" might be "I don't know". Afterall, you can have faith, but you can't *know*.