Any Colorblind Pre-Meds Out There?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

metalmd06

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took a few online color blind tests with a couple of my office workers and they were astonished with what I did and didn't see. Anyone else here colorblind? A stat I saw has 12-22% of american males as colorblind and < 1% of females.

Another interesting fact about color perception. The normal human eye has three different types of cones. Some women actually have four (tetraconal vision). This is why they are able to see the subtle differences between yellow and, say, canary.

I'm the polar opposite. As a colorblind male, I can't even tell the difference between red and green or blue and purple most of the time!

Members don't see this ad.

I just took a few online color blind tests with a couple of my office workers and they were astonished with what I did and didn't see. Anyone else here colorblind? A stat I saw has 12-22% of american males as colorblind and < 1% of females.

Another interesting fact about color perception. The normal human eye has three different types of cones. Some women actually have four (tetraconal vision). This is why they are able to see the subtle differences between yellow and, say, canary.

I'm the polar opposite. As a colorblind male, I can't even tell the difference between red and green or blue and purple most of the time!

Post the link to the online test and we'll see.

Members don't see this ad :)
too bad they don't have a tetrachromatic vision test.. id like to see if i have that one :) im good w. colors..

i'm partially color blind. found out when i did a physical for a navy scholarship i was given. in a nutshell, i failed some of the colorlblindness tests (there were like 3) so they took away the scholarship. the funny thing is that in the general vision test, i was 20/15!!! haha, oh well.

i should have known earlier, in high school i took AP psych and one of the days we talked about color blindness, and we had to say what the # was in the circle with different colors.... i siad a number that was copmletely and totally wrong, and everyone thought i was joking..... ha.

i don't have stereopsis. i don't even use my left eye. no microsurgery for me.
:(

well looks like i'm colorblind too... damn it!

good news, i'm only red-blind. phew