Any continuing arguments about "greatest pathologist of all time"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LADoc00

Gen X, the last great generation
Removed
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let all arguments now be settled.

'Big Short' investor Michael Burry made a 1,500% gain on GameStop during its Reddit-fueled rally

Dr. Michael Burry, MD – Saratoga, CA | Pathology - Doximity​

www.doximity.com › States › California › Saratoga

Dr. Michael Burry, MD is a pathologist in Saratoga, California. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in California. Education & Training. Vanderbilt ...

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Yes, gambling makes you the best.....

He sort of looks like he may be on the autism scale in that picture.

• Haha

'Big Short' investor Michael Burry made a 1,500% gain on GameStop during its Reddit-fueled rally

Dr. Michael Burry, MD – Saratoga, CA | Pathology - Doximity

Dr. Michael Burry, MD is a pathologist in Saratoga, California. He is currently licensed to practice medicine in California. Education & Training. Vanderbilt ...
Isn't he also a big Tesla short? Might have canceled everything out.

Members don't see this ad :)

Dr. Michael Burry, MD – Saratoga, CA | Pathology - Doximity​

I’m with Webb. He is one hell of a speculator. He is not an investor. As far as pathology is concerned, i’ve been retired 7 years and I would spank him at the scope. He’s been a hedge fund guy for ages.

Put your money into starting businesses, buying land, rentals etc. The stock market is too risky. Other than making a few million off of Guardant health in recent years, I have barely played it. You guys are one percenters. Start businesses, build a brand, create better communities.

Aaaand here's the top. Being mentioned in a LaDoc post.

Time to short $GME.

The put spreads have been put on. Let's reassess in six months.

Put your money into starting businesses, buying land, rentals etc. The stock market is too risky. Other than making a few million off of Guardant health in recent years, I have barely played it. You guys are one percenters. Start businesses, build a brand, create better communities.
Individual stocks are risky. However, the overall stock market as a long term investment is not very risky at all, especially the US stock market. Historically it is probably the best way for anyone to create wealth. Small businesses have a much higher risk of failure than investing in total market funds/ETFs. The only business I personally care to own is the one I'm currently a partner in. I don't care to spend the limited hours I have outside my pathology job trying to run other businesses. But I can play stocks at my desk at work and make a few bucks here and there for kicks. I doubt running several side businesses would be as care-free.

Reactions: 3 users
Individual stocks are risky. However, the overall stock market as a long term investment is not very risky at all, especially the US stock market. Historically it is probably the best way for anyone to create wealth. Small businesses have a much higher risk of failure than investing in total market funds/ETFs. The only business I personally care to own is the one I'm currently a partner in. I don't care to spend the limited hours I have outside my pathology job trying to run other businesses. But I can play stocks at my desk at work and make a few bucks here and there for kicks. I doubt running several side businesses would be as care-free.

Amen. The Bogle/Buffet way.

LADoc00,
He could also just be very lucky! BTW...I know you showed you exited the market before it went crashing down. Did you re-enter the market at the bottom or is your cash still on the sidelines (if you got back in at the bottom you may be the greatest)? FYI, I tend to invest more of the Bogle way.

Last edited:
He isnt lucky, Burry is a savant. A took a stroll by his house a few months back thinking I would try to run into him and get some advice on starting my own asset management company. No luck though.

He isnt lucky, Burry is a savant. A took a stroll by his house a few months back thinking I would try to run into him and get some advice on starting my own asset management company. No luck though.
Invest in water and Gamestonk.

Gme down some 70% since this thread was started. That de-escalated quickly.

Lesson learned here: Dealer gamma can be significantly more profitable than value investing.

Last edited:
Gme down some 70% since this thread was started. That de-escalated quickly.

Lesson learned here: Dealer gamma can be significantly more profitable than value investing.
100% market manipulation. The peak should have been higher but it fell within expected parameters. This thing will likely sink back to 20-30s by the end of the week unless something weird happens. It'll be interesting to see what happens from here on out.

100% market manipulation. The peak should have been higher but it fell within expected parameters. This thing will likely sink back to 20-30s by the end of the week unless something weird happens. It'll be interesting to see what happens from here on out.

Hopefully everyone will leave their basements and get a life.

Haven’t y’all seen this crap before? Maybe it is because i am 69 y.o. but, for me at least, this is all “been there, done that”
stuff. Really not worth any excitement.

Why you guys all gotta be haters? Hahaha.

Burry is actually a great guy. He is a truly a genius, definitely one of the smartest individuals I have ever met, up there with Paul Berg, Kary Mullis, Jordan Peterson, Lubert Stryer (who was my idol as an undergrad) etc.