Any Dental Anesthesiology residents or graduates out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ncsured

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Considering applying for dental anesthesiology. I'm a GP w/ 7 years experience. Anybody willing to share their residency experiences and what they know about the different programs? Program fit is reaaaaaaally important to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Are you planning on applying right now? If so you should know they are requiring the CBSE starting this year

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol all of this negativity dayyyyynnnnnggg

Lol all of this negativity dayyyyynnnnnggg
Steve Brule What GIF

On this site? Never!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Also, with so few programs, it’s going to be hard if you’re too picky about “program fit.”

Big Hoss

People in this thread calling negativity is crazy.

There are what, 9 accredited programs? You cant say program fit is important, especially if you are super non-traditional.

Someone mentioned having to take the CBSE now? That test is a beast and I cant imagine being able to take it 7 yrs out in private practice thats the reality. Ive taken it multiple times now between dental school AND medical school with dedicated time to just study while everything is fresh and having two educations and its still super hard.

That’s not negativity that’s reality. Could it be done? Absolutely but this site offers reality checks that people should take seriously. A lot of the seasoned people posting here do it because they love the profession and want to help it grow.

Reactions: 4 users
People in this thread calling negativity is crazy.

There are what, 9 accredited programs? You cant say program fit is important, especially if you are super non-traditional.

Someone mentioned having to take the CBSE now? That test is a beast and I cant imagine being able to take it 7 yrs out in private practice thats the reality. Ive taken it multiple times now between dental school AND medical school with dedicated time to just study while everything is fresh and having two educations and its still super hard.

That’s not negativity that’s reality. Could it be done? Absolutely but this site offers reality checks that people should take seriously. A lot of the seasoned people posting here do it because they love the profession and want to help it grow.
absolutely agreed.

being in residency after 7yr PP is very difficult, if for no other reason than the pay cut and academic center BS that will go along with any residency. this is not negativity, just reality from my experience in residency as a new grad vs seasoned practitioners that are in residencies with me.

taking the CBSE is obviously going to be a huge hurdle as well. If you are serious about it then do it, I don't think anyone here is discouraging that. just know what challenges it entails

Reactions: 1 user