any dictionary recommendation for premed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mrcapslock

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a dictionary so I can study without my computer. Is there a good recommendation? I'm looking for one that includes all normal English vocabulary as well as maybe common scientific terms (words that you might find in a general biology or general physics textbook).

any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

no.. i'm studying off EK book and the stupid thing doesn't define half it's words.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why the Official Premed Dictionary of course!!

I'm looking to buy a dictionary so I can study without my computer. Is there a good recommendation? I'm looking for one that includes all normal English vocabulary as well as maybe common scientific terms (words that you might find in a general biology or general physics textbook).

any suggestions?

I'd go with the "glossary" section of a general biology or general physics textbook.

Just in case:

glos·sa·ry   
[glos-uh-ree, glaw-suh-] Show IPA
–noun, plural -ries.
a list of terms in a special subject, field, or area of usage, with accompanying definitions.
such a list at the back of a book, explaining or defining difficult or unusual words and expressions used in the text.

*From English vocabulary dictionary

2505lx4.jpg