Any DO Schools That Take The Degree Conferred GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CardiacStimulant

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So basically heres the scoop...

I royally screwed up my first few years of school. When I finally decided to get my act together, I retook a majority of the classes and actually ended up graduating with 2 bachelors degrees and a 3.771 GPA. When combined with my previous schools coursework it comes to around a 3.00 due to a lot of WFs because of some ridiculous policy at one of the schools where they'd only give you 1 week to withdrawal without taking the penalty.

I would really love to go to a DO school because I really like the philosophy. I was wondering if there are any DO schools that will take the conferred degree GPA instead of the overall? I did some research and have not found anything, so I thought I would ask.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you retake the classes at the same school? DO schools do full grade replacement. If that's what you're talking about with the 3.771, you'd have that GPA when you apply to DO schools. You have to submit all of your coursework and they'll see everything, but retakes will remove the old grade from being factored into your GPA.

I retook a majority of my classes at a different school from the original but that sounds great! Makes me feel alot better

I retook a majority of my classes at a different school from the original but that sounds great! Makes me feel alot better

As long as the classes have the same credits (most important) and a similar name you should be good. Just destroy your MCAT and make sure you have some good ECs.