Any DO's heard from Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emlopez2

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was just wondering if any DO's have received interviews from Colorado. I havn't heard from them at all despite sending them an email of interest, being from there, and a strong candidate(235/98 USMLE, 677 COMLEX). Anyways, any thoughts on why I havnt been offered an interview or if anyone knows of DO's who have.

Members don't see this ad.

I have not yet heard from them either.

Was just wondering if any DO's have received interviews from Colorado. I havn't heard from them at all despite sending them an email of interest, being from there, and a strong candidate(235/98 USMLE, 677 COMLEX). Anyways, any thoughts on why I havnt been offered an interview or if anyone knows of DO's who have.

Bumping for the two recent posters asking about Colorado as osteopaths. Any update on this? Maybe they aren't "DO-friendly?"

Members don't see this ad :)

If it makes you feel reassured, I am from an MD school and Colorado is the only institution I didn't hear from. I also sent them an email expressing interest, but actually didn't get a rejection or an interview. Not quite sure why. I was fortunate enough to get interviews at all the other top institutions (which I realize says nothing since programs are very individual in their choices) but haven't heard anything from them. In other words, I don't know that it's necessarily the DO they are excluding. Best of luck on the Match!

If your written communication to Colorado was similar to your post, it might have
been a factor, e.g. DO's, anyways, havn't.

I'm a DO who interviewed in Colorado. I loved the program. I think I somehow slipped in by calling and asking for an interview... I didn't match there... But I did interview.
Dr. Apkon was very pleasant but I think at the time of my application I was not so competitive based on my CV.
I plan on applying there for fellowship, though. So we shall see!
Good luck to all of you in the match!