Any University of Colorado residents willing to give advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dtrain5

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am a third year osteopathic medical student (soon to be a fourth year) and am currently working on my fourth year schedule. I am very interested in the University of Colorado program, and would like some advice from a current resident about scheduling an audition rotation, as well as general program information. If any residents would be willing, I would appreciate a private message with a contact e-mail.

Thank you so much for your time.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey dt5,

As a fellow 3rd year DO planning on going into PM&R, I'd love to spend some time in Colorado myself. However, I think think the University of Colorado charges DO students an extra $2000 to do a rotation there. It's really too bad because I'm sure a lot of us (DO students, I mean) would love to spend some time there but can't afford it. Best of luck!

I'm interested in hearing more about scheduling away rotations at CU as well. Are they flexible with spending some time on a specialty service, like pediatric PM&R?

I'm a 2nd year MD, and am certainly interested in CU (went to college in CO and loved it), but I'm getting the vibe that CU's program is among the more competitive PM&R residencies out there. True? How important is an away rotation at your preferred program for helping your chances of getting a spot?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm not a Colorado resident but CU is a smaller program with good reputation and location. If you are interested in the program I'd definitely go visit (and do well). In terms of how much it matters - that is a tough question to answer...depends on who else is applying, right?

well I suppose so. Thanks for your input. I guess I was referring to how much program directors would prefer to get to know their applicants beyond what they see during the interview. But then I guess that depends on the people in charge…