Any experience on having the writing section regraded?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rusted

Did I just hear the mail?
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, my composite on the PCAT wasn't too bad. I'm content with the 'grade', however, I received a 2/2 on the writing section... I pretty much hated that part, and it's probably the reason I'll not ever take that test again; however, I felt pretty good about my performance on that section once it was over.
I checked out the sample essays, and what they think a '2' paper should read like... I'm pretty sure it was written by a third grader. I'm no Hemingway, but I'm fairly certain I outperformed the elementary kid from the sample.
Does anyone have any experience about having that section regraded, and if there is a change, how will it effect the composite score?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

So, my composite on the PCAT wasn't too bad. I'm content with the 'grade', however, I received a 2/2 on the writing section... I pretty much hated that part, and it's probably the reason I'll not ever take that test again; however, I felt pretty good about my performance on that section once it was over.
I checked out the sample essays, and what they think a '2' paper should read like... I'm pretty sure it was written by a third grader. I'm no Hemingway, but I'm fairly certain I outperformed the elementary kid from the sample.
Does anyone have any experience about having that section regraded, and if there is a change, how will it effect the composite score?

Thanks,
I got a 2/2.5 and I know I did better than that elementary kid!