Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Any Experience With Written Evals w/o Grades From Undergrad

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Zoobaby, Jul 11, 2002.

1. Zoobaby

Zoobaby Monkey Wrench
    7+ Year Member

So I went to a very big school for my undergrad degree. Inside that very big school was a very small college that doesn't believe in letter grades. SO many of my grades (none of the core science stuff) are in the form of paragraph long narratives.

AMCAS told me to enter the classes and credit hours in but to enter NO GRADE, and NO CLASS TYPE (rather than Pass/Fail.)

I did this and submitted on July 9th. I'm currently in line to be verified.

Are there other SDNers who dealt with this? Did the verification process take forever? I'm told that each school will get the evaluations and have to decide how to convert them to grades.

I was not a premed as an undergrad, so didn't have to worry about this.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Zoobaby

Zoobaby Monkey Wrench
    7+ Year Member

Bump.

Anybody?

4. Nogpa

Nogpa Member
    7+ Year Member

Zoo-
    I had narrative evals, and they may be what's caused my verification to take so long, although I can't actually find out. I submitted June 10, and I still haven't been verified, and as a result, I haven't been transmitted. :mad: Oh well. Where did you go to school, if I may ask?

BR

5. UCLA2000

7+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I strongly considered attending UCSC at one point in my life. I loved their campus and didn't really think that it would hurt me to go to a school that didn't give out grades.

I contacted a few medical schools, and asked them how they viewed the no grade system. They didn't seem to like the idea. They weren't a fan of the system.

6. Zoobaby

Zoobaby Monkey Wrench
    7+ Year Member

Nogpa -

I went to the University of Michigan under a little program called the Residential College. It was hardcore liberal arts with lots of emphasis on foreign languages and the like, so all of my premed requirements have letter grades. Hopefully that will make it a bit easier for med schools to swallow. I just keep having nightmares that my app will go in the trash because some adcom person doesn't want to take the extra ten minutes necessary to read the evaluations. :(