Any Fast Track Cancer Clinics besides MD Anderson?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PostHaste

Eye Roller
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of any cancer clinics with a Fast Track option for patient visits? MD Anderson's Leukemia Department has one, but Googling for more is mostly giving me results on fast-track approval of oncology drugs through the FDA.

If you have any experience with one of these programs I'd love to hear your thoughts as well. Does it improve patient experience & wait times?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know of any cancer clinics with a Fast Track option for patient visits? MD Anderson's Leukemia Department has one, but Googling for more is mostly giving me results on fast-track approval of oncology drugs through the FDA.

If you have any experience with one of these programs I'd love to hear your thoughts as well. Does it improve patient experience & wait times?

Pretty much any large academic leukemia/BMT program will have something like this. We don't call it fast-track though. It's generally for quick review of labs, medication adjustments, tox check and monitoring of people on induction chemo or post-transplant. These are people who generally have labs checked 2-5x/week so they don't need a full clinic visit. It serves a very specific purpose and can't easily be generalized to the broader Onc population (simply because of numbers).

That said, most places will also have a sort of "Onc Urgent Care" option. Usually run by a mid-level or sometimes an IM generalist. Primary issues are generally pain, pain, pain and some other stuff (n/v, diarrhea, constipation, did I mention pain?).

These are not meant for reviewing/discussing/changing treatment plans, discussing imaging results or other major issues.

Thank you, that's just the kind of info I was looking for.