Any former PT's lurking around here?

Started by PT2MD
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PT2MD

Hold my beer...
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Howdy all. I'm an MS-0 right now but hope to matriculate next year to one of the Texas med schools. I'm a PT and just doing some research on the different specialties I might be interested in right now, although I am sure that can change as med school goes on. I was just curious if there were any other PT's here on SDN that have gone on to become physiatrists? I haven't gotten too much interaction with PM&R as a physical therapist as I see mainly orthopedic cases right now, but the limited experiences I have had are very positive.
 
What can I say, I like school. I was/am a PT and plan to push for PMR. Due to the flexible nature of PT & Med School, it is nice to be able to work at a good job and still manage school. I work about 4-8 hours a week for an outpt. clinic.

I shadowed under a PT --> DO --> PMR at large medical institution in Rochester, MN. He had a lot to tricks in his bag.

Good Luck

TD
OMS-II