Any good books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bipster10

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'll be entering dental school this fall and have pretty much been chilling for the entire summer. My question is does anyone have any good books in mind that you have read recently? Another thread discusses some business type books, any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

the immortal life of henrietta lacks
the genius in all of us
(the former is simply a great read while the latter may provide a little extra motivation for school)

Hello everyone,
I'll be entering dental school this fall and have pretty much been chilling for the entire summer. My question is does anyone have any good books in mind that you have read recently? Another thread discusses some business type books, any thoughts?

What types of books do you like to read?

Members don't see this ad :)
I ordered these 2 books for the summer ....

Mastering the Business of Practice
Everything is Marketing: The Ultimate Strategy for Dental Practice Growth

Dentistry is more than just treating patients... esp if one day you desire to own your own practice... it is important to expand your mind outside of the "sciences" ...

Thanks for the suggestions!
Rubber DAm MAn, looks like I'll be seein you in august for orientation!

Serious reading:
The Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline by Brian Tracy
The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande

Fun reading:
Ender's Game
A Game of Thrones

Serious reading:
The Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell
No Excuses!: The Power of Self-Discipline by Brian Tracy
The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande

Fun reading:
Ender's Game
A Game of Thrones

I loved Outliers!
Also check out, A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson

the immortal life of henrietta lacks
the genius in all of us
(the former is simply a great read while the latter may provide a little extra motivation for school)

Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks was a good book... I read it this past year. Very intriguing.

Peter Pan. Its a lot more profound than you think

Thanks for the suggestions!
Rubber DAm MAn, looks like I'll be seein you in august for orientation!

:thumbup: excited for the Fall semester! ... did you find a place yet in downtown?

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup: excited for the Fall semester! ... did you find a place yet in downtown?

Just about...was having trouble deciding between Charles towers and chesapeake commons but pretty sure I'm going for chesapeake. You?

I'm glad you started this thread, because I'm in the same situation and would like some good business books to read. I was thinking about reading the E-Myth Revisted or Ten Day MBA, does anyone else have any suggestions?

Just about...was having trouble deciding between Charles towers and chesapeake commons but pretty sure I'm going for chesapeake. You?

Oh ok... I found a place at The Redwood ... which is walking distance from the school.

Enjoy the summer!

I'm glad you started this thread, because I'm in the same situation and would like some good business books to read. I was thinking about reading the E-Myth Revisted or Ten Day MBA, does anyone else have any suggestions?

Leadership & Self Deception by arbinger

good for anyone who plans on managing a staff =)

i impulsively bought "little bee" cause of the "bee" in the title. might be a good summer read >_>

Born to Run--Christopher McDougall

It will make you think differently about running forever. Even for Non-runners it's a fantastically entertaining book.

The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Siddhartha Mukherjee is very interesting and well written.

DeGowan's Diagnostic Exam. It's really a medical book, but it's very well written and easy to read. The first section will really be useful in structuring the mental process you develop for patient examination.