Any good online quiz for specialties?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toooldforms

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any good quizzes online for which specialty would be a good fit for you?

B4 anyone says it doesn't help or to shadow. I hope to shadow and this quiz is just for me. I have a penchant for taking which character are you quizzes, just for fun so if you don't have an answer to the question save it (albeit I'm looking for a less whimsical one and something more along the line of the academic career path ones)

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any good quizzes online for which specialty would be a good fit for you?

B4 anyone says it doesn't help or to shadow. I hope to shadow and this quiz is just for me. I have a penchant for taking which character are you quizzes, just for fun so if you don't have an answer to the question save it (albeit I'm looking for a less whimsical one and something more along the line of the academic career path ones)

In spite of not getting in there "b4" you called it, they genuinely aren't that helpful. If you really want to take one there's an AAMC questionnaire that suggests specialties, however when I took it the following question was asked:

"Would you enjoy working with unwed mothers?"

So if you want career advice from the '40s feel free to take their quiz, it should provide very little insight

Reactions: 3 users
I think I remember seeing one on my Facebook feed, right next to the "which Disney princess are you?" and "which Harry Potter house do you belong to?" quizzes.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
In spite of not getting in there "b4" you called it, they genuinely aren't that helpful. If you really want to take one there's an AAMC questionnaire that suggests specialties, however when I took it the following question was asked:

So if you want career advice from the '40s feel free to take their quiz, it should provide very little insight
Share it! I probably wont take it with more than a grain of sand likely but I want to take one anyway

If you are a premed, the last thing you need to be worrying about right now is which specialty you want to go to. I started my first year a couple of weeks ago, and this is only in the back of my mind. Focus on doing well in class and the MCAT, and doing your shadowing and volunteering. Once you actually get accepted, then you can start playing around with the idea. Talking to multiple upperclassmen, people change specialty preferences as often as they change underwear for the 1st 3 years, so what you like now may be different than what you will like a week from now. Those quizzes aren't useful anyways.

Reactions: 1 user
Once you get accepted to med school, you'll have access to the AAMC Careers in Medicine website. There's a decent specialty quiz on there.

Reactions: 1 user
The dude came in earnest and said it was for fun.

How to Choose a Medical Specialty

I found this one fun. Matched neurosurgery 100%. Whoop.

If you really want to take one there's an AAMC questionnaire that suggests specialties, however when I took it the following question was asked:

God, that is cringey. They could get blackmailed with that crap.