Any good Radiology for Pain textbooks?

Started by Blitz2006
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Blitz2006

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With regards to anatomy of Fluoro, MRI images, etc. I guess even any generic radiology textbook even, or are there any pain textbooks that have a lot of images to study and review.

Right now I'm just using Rathmells atlas. I guess Furman also is good for imaging?

Thx

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
 
Furman for procedural/fluoro anatomy.

As far as MRI, this is a bit trickier. I did a search last year for this and couldn't find much in the way of textbooks. The most useful thing I found was a webinar series put out by NASS called "MRI of the Spine: Essentials for the Spine Specialist." When I was a resident, I signed up for NASS for free. Not sure if they still offer free memberships for trainees. Some of the videos are more helpful than others, but I think I remember at least half of them being pretty good.
-Here's a link: Product Details
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Lost my copy. Bought one off Ebay yesterday for $33 new. ;-) They show up used on Amazon and Ebay. Last time we had this thread a few years back the prices got driven up to around $600 within 2 days.
 
Another great book -

Handbook of C-Arm Fluoroscopy-guided spinal injection: by Linda Hong Wang

I have found the descriptions of fluoro positioning in this book better than any other resource - maybe because it is written by a radiologist/IR doc.
 
2FE61F16-8F7F-423C-857D-828545E0426D.jpeg
 
Steve, your shelf looks very similar to mine!

Except my Fenton looks way more used than yours. I must need more help - and can't remember stuff as well.

There is a discussion in the FENTON book that discussed the 3 lines when looking at the thoracic spine (Anterior lung line, posterior lung line, vertebral body) - that I haven't seen discussed anywhere else. I have found that to be really useful info at times.

books.jpg