Any hardcore gamers accepted to dental schools (gamers only)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pumpUup

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wrote "gamers only" because some non-gamers can get offended when they read something like this. (I am scared of high tension in SDN lately:scared:)

If you are a gamer, and if you think you can't live without video game, do you think you can still play games in dental school?

I currently have ps3, 360, wii, and gaming PC but I am not sure if I can bring all of these with me to the dental school. I don't want to be isolated and be the only one playing when all the other students are busy studying. I am not saying I won't study, I just want to know if I will still be able to enjoy playing video game and keep my good grades at the same time in DS.

Members don't see this ad.

I definitely plan on bringing my 360 and pc. I probably won't play as much as I do now, but I don't think I'll be studying 24/7. Also, killing nazis and zombies is a great way to relieve stress.

I definitely plan on bringing my 360 and pc. I probably won't play as much as I do now, but I don't think I'll be studying 24/7. Also, killing nazis and zombies is a great way to relieve stress.

We might be able to play co-op after class :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I've got my ps3, wii, and pc here with me, but I don't use them nearly as often as I used to... though I must say I got through most of FF13 in the last 2 weeks, haha. You're right, you don't want to be that guy stuck in playing games all night and not socializing, so video games become a way way back priority. I've had friends over a few times to play some Rock Band, that's always fun, but mostly my game playing is an hour or so after a really long day at school or the library studying - gotta get that work in first, but you've gotta find a way to blow off some steam!

killing nazis and zombies is a great way to relieve stress.

This.

But seriously, I could not live without my 360 and Left 4 Dead. I play entirely too much, and I plan on cutting back when D-school starts. I just hope I can find others who will want to come kill zombies with me after Anatomy class! (Hopefully a few girls! We have to stick together! :D)

This.

But seriously, I could not live without my 360 and Left 4 Dead. I play entirely too much, and I plan on cutting back when D-school starts. I just hope I can find others who will want to come kill zombies with me after Anatomy class! (Hopefully a few girls! We have to stick together! :D)

it'll be weird to play Left 4 dead right after looking at a preserved cadaver. the next time you see it, it might jump at you :laugh:

This.

L4D I and II are the only games I own and I am addicted to them. So much fun. You'll find some friends who will play with you.

Rock Band is a great way to start making new friends :) lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll probably be playing World of Warcraft so I can keep in touch with my bf and my other friends. I need something to gossip about. lol.

Rock Band is a great way to start making new friends :) lol

Hey do you think they will let me bring my Rock Band into the dental school dorms? I played for 13 hours straight and I was banned from Rock band for 2 years afterward.....:(

Am I the only counter-strike player here on SDN? that cant be...

I don't think i will be taking my system with me to school. i know its going to be hard without it but i guess its time to find a new hobby.

I play WOW each summer and Christmas break but when classes start back I uninstall and cancel my account lol

MW2 for the win

that game is way too addicting

Ill be taking the 360 to school for sure

To the OP, I am highly offended both by this thread and your attitude towards non-gamers. People are still struggling to even get into dental school and here you are worried you won't get as much time to play with your xbox. Grow up.

:D Just kidding guys, couldn't resist. But I actually plan on leaving my wii for this next move. We'll see.

YEA!!! MW2 rock! haha... we should create a dental student clan on COD. haha.

You are probably kidding, but I think this is an awesome idea. Tomorrow I am going to see if clan names like [DENT], [DNTL], etc are available. Who knows, maybe we can share experiences and things like that while blowing off some steam throughout the 4 years of dental school.

Seems like there's no love for RTS here :(.
No Starcraft broodwar or Starcraft 2 Beta players on here?

Am I the only counter-strike player here on SDN? that cant be...

I play some Day of Defeat (another valve game) and OCCASIONALLY I'll play Counter Strike, but I have a feeling I'll stop altogether during school.

I will build a pc after finding out SC2 requirement. Until then, I will play with my ps3 and 360. Does anyone play god of war 3?

I'm in one of the top 5 competitive dota teams in North America.

Definitely cutting back in dental school though.

On a side note, my "manual dexterity" is amazing.

You are probably kidding, but I think this is an awesome idea. Tomorrow I am going to see if clan names like [DENT], [DNTL], etc are available. Who knows, maybe we can share experiences and things like that while blowing off some steam throughout the 4 years of dental school.

haha sounds like a plan.. too bad i am not on there too much.. but u can find me on ps3 server with the same name.. we can co-op them if we go on MW2 at the same time...lol

I'm in one of the top 5 competitive dota teams in North America.

Definitely cutting back in dental school though.

On a side note, my "manual dexterity" is amazing.

Dota is still good but I wish more players move on to the league of legends.

heroes of newerth > dota > lol
i play cs too :p and i got into the sc2 beta but its pretty limited on play type 1v1 or 2v2, but its ok.. havent really played it tho

yeah its gonna suck not being able to life the way i do now haha

Any hardcore guitar hero/rock band players out there??? I just started and the drums are hard as heck.

anyone play crossfire (Z8 games)? let me know if you do and we'll tdm together :D

Any hardcore guitar hero/rock band players out there??? I just started and the drums are hard as heck.

Yeah, I just actually picked up a second kick pedal for my RB drums, fun fun fun. I actually play drums, but couldn't bring my real set with me to Pitt, so it's fun to have the little RB ones. It's surprising how similar it is to actual drums (on expert)... it's just like an old school 3-4 piece kit. And I've finally been able to step it up to expert on guitar, I feel like the digits in my left hand are getting stronger already, it's easier to hold that mirror to retract those cheeks! hahaha.

A tip for drums, go into the tutorials and do the beat trainer, it's an amazing tool. When I learned how to play real drums drums a long time ago, I basically had a book that had all of those same practice beats. And one note, on drums, songs can often be easier on expert than hard, because on hard they remove notes that you're hearing, but if you try to play them, you start losing tons of points.