Any info on stony brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

safari1980

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Any info on SUNY stony brook? teaching, calls, work hours, happy residents?....etc

Members don't see this ad.

Any info on SUNY stony brook? teaching, calls, work hours, happy residents?....etc

The residents seemed very happy when I interviewed there in 2003/2004. The candidates are offerred dinner the night before the interview. They'll put you up in a motel/inn type place. I loved the program, but hated the extreme cold (maybe it was just that night) and distance from friends/family.

Hope that helps.

Stony Brook is a wonderfull program. I trully believe that if stony was in the middle of the city, it would be a top tier program. The atmosphere is great, most of the attending enjoy teaching and give lots of autonomy to the residents, esp during your 2nd and 3rd year. The program director and the chairman and very receptive to the residents and are always looking out for their best interest. The hours are pretty good too. You will be out by 5 most of the time. The housing around the area is affordable. If you enjoy living in the suburbs, you cant go wrong with stony.