1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

any international students?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Tammy, Jun 13, 2002.

1. Tammy

Tammy Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Even though I've been in us for 8years, my status is still a foreign student. I took the april mcat and i got 23 and verbal section(6)is really hard for me.I heard it's hard to get in for international students. so i was wondering if there is anybody who is international student. and also want to know if it's possible for international student to get a loan.

Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AYLC

AYLC Member
    7+ Year Member

As far as my understanding, only few allopathic schools will take international students. I don't think osteopathic school will do the same thing (correct me if I am wrong). You can check with AOA and see how they will handle your case.
    For being a international student, you can't not get loan from US government, but you can get money from private source (if your credit record is good). A 6 in the verbal is not too bad, but your status is probably the major issue preventing you from study medicine in US. Hope this helps.