Any Interview Invites from UCLA or UCSD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

arisunomori

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
UCLA it seems is notoriously slow, but I wonder if anyone has heard about an interview at UCLA or UCSD recently? Anyone know when or whether more invities will be sent? Are the classes already full?

Members don't see this ad.

arisunomori said:
UCLA it seems is notoriously slow, but I wonder if anyone has heard about an interview at UCLA or UCSD recently? Anyone know when or whether more invities will be sent? Are the classes already full?

I've been complete since 11/25 at UCLA and haven't heard back yet. I've been on hold at UCSD since 12/13, no love from them either. I'm out-of-state by the way.

I just got an interview invite from UCSD today via email. My app was complete on 9/22/04.

Members don't see this ad :)
how do you know if you are on hold? ive been complete since 11/24 but havent heard anything; does that mean i am on hold or still under review?

Haybrant said:
how do you know if you are on hold? ive been complete since 11/24 but havent heard anything; does that mean i am on hold or still under review?

At UCLA or UCSD? I don't know about UCLA, but holds show up on your status page at UCSD.

lunacake said:
I just got an interview invite from UCSD today via email. My app was complete on 9/22/04.
congrats! was you on-hold before?

ucla contacted me a week ago. i was complete 10/26 - august tester.

good luck to anyone waiting.

arisunomori said:

Put on hold by UCSD post-secondary. Heard nothing from UCLA.

Understandable, since I'm out-of-state, and I've never lived in CA. Why should they accept me?

Seems that med schools seriously consider where you've lived before accepting or even interviewing you. Even in my state, some of the schools that are farther from my hometown have not interviewed me as early as the others.

faradayampere said:
congrats! was you on-hold before?

Thanks! I wasn't on hold. I was just complete for months and months and never heard a peep out of them. I was just about to call them and ask what's up when I got this. And to the earlier question, I haven't sent them anything since my app's been complete. Guess they're just slow in the process or my file fell behind someone's desk. I've been complete at Davis for this long too and haven't heard a thing, but I digress.

arisunomori said:

I was complete at UCSD around 11/10. I recieved an interview offer Jan 3. I haven't heard a thing since I was complete at UCLA around the same time...

oh, i'm also an august mcat and from ca.

lunacake said:

Congrats Luna! That's promising.... I wonder how things work with UCSD and UCLA? Are they pulling complete applications out of a hat to be reviewed? Or are they basically going by date?
For UCSD, I've been complete since 10/6/04, so maybe my turn is coming...
For UCLA, I've been complete since 9/21/04... and I've heard that they're pulling complete applications out of a hat there.
Good luck!

Also, Luna, as far as interview dates, did you get a choice of dates that are farily reasonably in the near future, or did they tell you your interview isn't until next summer?

arisunomori said:
Congrats Luna! That's promising.... I wonder how things work with UCSD and UCLA? Are they pulling complete applications out of a hat to be reviewed? Or are they basically going by date?
For UCLA, I've been complete since 9/21/04... and I've heard that they're pulling complete applications out of a hat there.
Good luck!

Also, Luna, as far as interview dates, did you get a choice of dates that are farily reasonably in the near future, or did they tell you your interview isn't until next summer?

I was complete in October and they rejected me in January

arisunomori said:
Good luck!

I can confirm what you've heard at UCLA. I sent in my AMCAS in July and didn't get a secondary til Dec. When I called their admissions the lady told me that files are reviewed at random :confused: UCSD just gave me a date in late Feb, you can't pick the date.