Any last minute Angle Ranking Strategies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

zhngbrg

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Taking the DAT on Friday and I've bombed the last 3 Bootcamp practice PAT Angle Ranking Sections I've taken (5/15, 4/15, 5/15). I started using the rapid eye movement technique which works on the generators, but I find when the angles are all oriented differently like on the full-length practice PATs it doesn't work at all. I tried the bike/hill technique on the last practice I took and thought it worked, but evidently not. Anyone have any other good strategies? I tried the laptop technique as well and it didn't help me very much.

Also, on the real DAT do the angles tend to be oriented in the same direction like the generators or all oriented differently like a lot of the practices? It's mainly when I have to compare angles which are facing different directions that I have trouble.

Members don't see this ad.

Angle ranking is kinda funky on the real DAT. Random orientations IIRC. Move farther away from screen and kind of squint your eyes a little. That may help. It's really hit or miss with that section. lol

On the DAT angles orientation will be random. The angles however are easier to differentiate than bootcamp. Maybe 3-4 that are bootcamp level.

Members don't see this ad :)
I used elimination method during my test and could usually narrow it down to two. It sounds like you already are aware of a lot of the strategies used to angle ranking (laptop, hill, pie slice/pizza slice?). I think though you might be overthinking it.

I use a technique of imaging a bike going down the incline and then imagining which angle would make the bike go down the incline the fastest. It tricks your brain and worked fairly well for me.