Quantcast

Any last minute Touro interview advice?

Start Med School in 2023! Free Accepted Webinar!
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCIgrad2002

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, just wanted to see if anybody has some last minute advice for the Touro interview. Thanks!

wamedic

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
UCIgrad2002,

Congrats on your interview! Touro has a unique interview process, in that you interview in a group with other applicants. It sounds challenging, but they want to see that you can speak well in front of your peers and actively listen to what they have to say. So, do just that. Be confident, show them that you are ready to begin your journey towards becoming a doctor, and pay attention to what other interviewees are saying. Good luck!

calcrew14

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
wamedic has said it all. be ready to show how your interest or EC's would enhance your medical career.
best of luck to you.

red ruby

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The Touro interview was probably the most relaxed one out all that I attended. At first, I was pretty nervous because it was a group interview. However, you only get asked a few questions by the interviewers (when I interviewed, there were 4 interviewees and 4 interviewers) and they ask questions directly from your application. You will only get 2 questions from each interviewer and the interview should last about 1 hour. Just be yourself and relax. You will definitely know how you are doing by the end of the interview since you can compare your answers with your fellow interviewees. The main thing is don't stress - it's just a group conversation - listen to the answers of your fellow interviewees and if you mention something that one of them said during your answer, it will show that you were paying attention to their response. I think the interviewers will be impressed by this. Good luck:)

S

svalenzuela02p

YA! Don't go!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be a waste of time unless it is you have no other offers.

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by svalenzuela02p
YA! Don't go!!!!!!!!!!!!! It would be a waste of time unless it is you have no other offers.
:laugh: My sentiments exactly. The Mare Island campus has some nice classrooms but other than that, it's a bit on the ugly side.

wamedic

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
UCIgrad2002,

Obviously you need to take what some intellectuals (such as svalenzuela02p) write with a grain of salt. Go to the interview and make your own choice about the school. Also, be advised that Slickness has a very unbiased opinion about schools and has no issues regarding his adequacy as a medical school applicant (hence the lack of updates on his application status).

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by wamedic
Also, be advised that Slickness has a very unbiased opinion about schools and has no issues regarding his adequacy as a medical school applicant (hence the lack of updates on his application status).
Wamedic,
It is my opinion much like it was sval's opinion. I did say that the classes are nice but do think the campus is a bit ugly.

I am not sure if that was an insult, but if it it was, there is no need to sarcastically insult me just because I stated an opinion that perhaps is different from yours. I haven't had any updates to my application process because there is nothing to update.

wamedic

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sorry Slick, bad day at the office. Maybe I'm better off just reading posts today.

Adapt

2K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by wamedic
Sorry Slick, bad day at the office. Maybe I'm better off just reading posts today.
It's cool. :)

S

svalenzuela02p

Sorry, I was just voicing my opinion. It is an ok school not bad, but not great. The biggest problem is the cost of living. If you are from any place other then cali you may almost faint at about $1000 a month or soo for a tiny little shack (you might need to look that number up exactly for those who are soo uptight ). I just felt disappointed when I went there and wish I had just stayed at home. But, I believe the education is as good as any other school.

Baditude

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
TUCOM is my first choice so I hope I get a place as I am on hold status. If you have a chance have dinner with Brian before the interview it really helps to calm you. The panel interview is really a relaxing format although you may not think so. Just be yourself and make sure to be interested in what the others are saying.

Elysium

Not Really An Old Beaver
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just don't be too nervous if Brian invites you to Reno. That's kinda standard for him...

;)

He is a brilliant egg.

UCIgrad2002

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
thanks people for all the help! touro was my first osteopathic interview and i have to say that i was pretty impressed by the school. the students and faculty seem really happy to be there. thanks again for the advice, and good luck to all of ya! peace.

box29

Keep on keepin' on Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just posted in the TUCOM Las Vegas post but here it goes again:

Hello TUCOMers,

I just recieved my interview invite today for TUCOM Las Vegas. I know the interview is at the Mare Island campus but I wanted to see you're input on the interview process. I have read and reread interview feedback so many times, I think my eyes are going to explode! I have interviewed at CCOM but it is just a panel of interviewers (3). What is it like with both a panel of interviewers and interviewees? Did you feel stressed? Was it like trying to out do other people's answers? I would just like to know about your experiences candidly! Feel free to PM me too.

Thanks for your advice and your time and I hope to be a member of the Class of 2008!

Box29

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.