Any last words of advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

alwayslight

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
By my lucky graces.. Both my PM&R letters were sent last week (one of which is from a well-known Physiatrist in the NY area). Everything else is pretty much ready -- it's just a matter of waiting for these documents to be scanned into ERAS. Hopefully that will be ready by Sept 1st.

I was hoping for any other last minute pointers before that deadline hits. I was told by an attending that PD's have "filters" set...so because my "Research & Publications" section is blank, I might be filtered out. He suggested finding an interesting case report to work on within the next week, and attach "In progress" to it. I dont know how comfortable I feel with that... Thoughts on this???

I'm sorry to be asking annoying questions...but getting this residency is all I can think about lately!! I promise once this time period is over, I'll be a normal human being again 😀
 
Last edited:
I don't know how much a case report is considered as research. I probably wouldn't put it because you will be asked about it.
 
Brief reminder: I'm a US-IMG that went to school in Poland. Steps (229/239)

By my lucky graces.. Both my PM&R letters were sent last week (one of which is from a well-known Physiatrist in the NY area). Everything else is pretty much ready -- it's just a matter of waiting for these documents to be scanned into ERAS. Hopefully that will be ready by Sept 1st.

I was hoping for any other last minute pointers before that deadline hits. I was told by an attending that PD's have "filters" set...so because my "Research & Publications" section is blank, I might be filtered out. He suggested finding an interesting case report to work on within the next week, and attach "In progress" to it. I dont know how comfortable I feel with that... Thoughts on this???

I'm sorry to be asking annoying questions...but getting this residency is all I can think about lately!! I promise once this time period is over, I'll be a normal human being again 😀

Have a good time. Don't put the case report in.