Any LDS (mormon) students going to Temple?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tikal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering if any LDS students were going to Temple? My cousin is attending there and says a bunch of them live out by valley forge in an apartment complex. I think it was called Colony apartments but I'll have to ask again. I thought it would be nice to live close to others of my faith. Any feedback would be nice. Maybe we could chat and find out what we're all doing come August.:)

Members don't see this ad.

I was just wondering if any LDS students were going to Temple? My cousin is attending there and says a bunch of them live out by valley forge in an apartment complex. I think it was called Colony apartments but I'll have to ask again. I thought it would be nice to live close to others of my faith. Any feedback would be nice. Maybe we could chat and find out what we're all doing come August.

I was just wondering if any LDS students were going to Temple? My cousin is attending there and says a bunch of them live out by valley forge in an apartment complex. I think it was called Colony apartments but I'll have to ask again. I thought it would be nice to live close to others of my faith. Any feedback would be nice. Maybe we could chat and find out what we're all doing come August.

Doesn't matter where you live, you will be surrounded by Mormons. The 2010 class has around 30 Mo's.

Members don't see this ad :)
My brother-in-law is out there and they bought a house out near valley forge. It seems to be a little bit of a commute but they have made lots of friends out there. Like the other guy said though, you won't have a hard time finding other LDS students at Temple.

The answer is the same for every dental school. Yes.

No matter where you move to at Temple, you will have Mormons around you. I live in Drexel Hill (Upper Darby) and there is about 25 of us in the neighborhood. One thing to look at when moving out here is not so much the location b/c you will be around other LDS, but the wards. These African wards are a bit funky. You sit in sacrament with people on their cell phones, playing PSP, checking out the new gold "ching" they got that week, and then as soon as church is over they all run to the bishop's office for free subway tokens and food. People who say the church is the same everywhere have never been to one of these wards. And I grew up outside of Utah in a branch, so I am not just some sheltered person.

The strangest thing was one sunday I walked out of priesthood and my wife is leaning against the wall looking very nervous/uncomfortable. So I walk up to her, and this short little guy is picking up on her! I go up give her a kiss and he just keeps on going. It took every last ounce of goodwill to not knock him through the glass doors....So, check out the wards. Some will be just like home and others will completely different.