You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Any Loma Linda letters?
Started by cramir23
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Is it only me, or are a lot of people still waiting on letters?
I received a letter last week that I was on the alternate list. Larry said they should be ranking the alternate list pretty soon. When was your interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I actually called today and they told me I was accepted!🙂
But thank you for the help. Good luck to you!
O snap congrats!! When was your interview?
O snap congrats!! When was your interview?
It was late January, I don't remember the exact date.
Varr, still waiting to hear from others, but I think im veering towards LLU
I was thinking the same thing as you by living off campus. I've been looking into some apts and houses nearby to see if any rooms were available. There are tons of places for relatively cheap but more are going to probably open up as we get closer to the summer. Luckily I have a car, so I wont need to live on campus or on any of the off-campus housing that is close by because I hear those are more dorm like with strict rules that you need to abide by.
The names Robert. Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of our class 🙂
The names Robert. Looking forward to meeting you and the rest of our class 🙂
b0realis/varr/cramir23. Just received an e-mail about my acceptance last week! I went to LLU for PTA. Let me know if you have any questions.
hey gametime. I got ranked #4 on the alternate list. What number were you? When did you have your interview?
Last edited:
b0realis/varr/cramir23. Just received an e-mail about my acceptance last week! I went to LLU for PTA. Let me know if you have any questions.
Hey Gametime21. Congratulations on your acceptance! I am really looking forward to june when classes will begin. I have a couple questions! How'd you like it at LLU? did you get to work alongside the PT department? How would you describe the life at and around LLU (living situation/weather/community/recreational activities? Again, congrats! 🙂
Not sure what number I was on the alternate list Pubic Symphysis. When I asked in Feb they told me they currently had no specific ranking till March. My interview was in November 18.
B0realis. I did work along side the PT department. A few of the teachers were the same, and I met a lot of the staff. I also have had at least 25+ friends go through the DPT program while and after I finished PTA. During the PTA program I lived in an appartment, but it was quite expensive and decided to move in with a friend (DPT) who bought a house a few years after graduation. The weather this summer will be terrible. 90-110 on average. the community in Loma Linda is mostly adventist, but University of Redlands/San Bernardino Valley/Crafton Hills/Cal State San Bernardino/UCR/RCC is close enough if you're looking to get out. Recreational activities, there are intramural games for students who play flag football/tennis/basketball/softball/soccer/volleyball/a type of water polo/kickball/dodgeball. Many of my friends rock climb/road bike/mountain bike and keep active in general. Being a PTA and a majority of my friends being in the medical field we are all pretty active. The golf within 30-45 min is pretty good also. What other recreational activities are you curious about?
B0realis. I did work along side the PT department. A few of the teachers were the same, and I met a lot of the staff. I also have had at least 25+ friends go through the DPT program while and after I finished PTA. During the PTA program I lived in an appartment, but it was quite expensive and decided to move in with a friend (DPT) who bought a house a few years after graduation. The weather this summer will be terrible. 90-110 on average. the community in Loma Linda is mostly adventist, but University of Redlands/San Bernardino Valley/Crafton Hills/Cal State San Bernardino/UCR/RCC is close enough if you're looking to get out. Recreational activities, there are intramural games for students who play flag football/tennis/basketball/softball/soccer/volleyball/a type of water polo/kickball/dodgeball. Many of my friends rock climb/road bike/mountain bike and keep active in general. Being a PTA and a majority of my friends being in the medical field we are all pretty active. The golf within 30-45 min is pretty good also. What other recreational activities are you curious about?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for your response! In regards to the DPT program, did those 25+ people thoroughly enjoy the program? I'm guessing you got the inside scoop of the program haha. Are you looking forward to June when our first 9 unit anatomy class begins?
In terms of recreational activities, I'm most likely going to look into the intramural basketball. I too love to stay active, and that can entail pretty much anything. My buddies are really into golf too, and I recently have been hitting some balls at the driving range. I love to snowboard, hike, go biking, volleyball, and play tennis pretty much my whole life. I'm most likely going to be looking for an apt or if I can find roommates, a house. What area around Loma Linda would you recommend? My main concerns would be cost (best bang for the buck) and then distance (I'm willing to drive 10-15 minutes if a place is much cheaper). I've looked on craigslist for some places and found couple places in Redlands, and even a little farther out however I am hoping to find a place a little bit closer.
In terms of recreational activities, I'm most likely going to look into the intramural basketball. I too love to stay active, and that can entail pretty much anything. My buddies are really into golf too, and I recently have been hitting some balls at the driving range. I love to snowboard, hike, go biking, volleyball, and play tennis pretty much my whole life. I'm most likely going to be looking for an apt or if I can find roommates, a house. What area around Loma Linda would you recommend? My main concerns would be cost (best bang for the buck) and then distance (I'm willing to drive 10-15 minutes if a place is much cheaper). I've looked on craigslist for some places and found couple places in Redlands, and even a little farther out however I am hoping to find a place a little bit closer.
HEY GUYS! Got an acceptance letter today! LLU class of 2016! EXCITTEEDDDDDD!.
😍
Do we have a Facebook page for our class?
😍
Do we have a Facebook page for our class?
Thank you for your response! In regards to the DPT program, did those 25+ people thoroughly enjoy the program? I'm guessing you got the inside scoop of the program haha. Are you looking forward to June when our first 9 unit anatomy class begins?
In terms of recreational activities, I'm most likely going to look into the intramural basketball. I too love to stay active, and that can entail pretty much anything. My buddies are really into golf too, and I recently have been hitting some balls at the driving range. I love to snowboard, hike, go biking, volleyball, and play tennis pretty much my whole life. I'm most likely going to be looking for an apt or if I can find roommates, a house. What area around Loma Linda would you recommend? My main concerns would be cost (best bang for the buck) and then distance (I'm willing to drive 10-15 minutes if a place is much cheaper). I've looked on craigslist for some places and found couple places in Redlands, and even a little farther out however I am hoping to find a place a little bit closer.
Borealis!! You played tennis your entire life!! Me2!! I played college lvl. My family owns three tennis shops! I bleed tennis!!!!
Borealis!! You played tennis your entire life!! Me2!! I played college lvl. My family owns three tennis shops! I bleed tennis!!!!
Awesome! It was always tough to regularly hit during college because I couldn't find anyone to hit with. We should play after we all get situated at LLU. I'm still waiting on CSUN, but most likely I did not get in haha.
HEY GUYS! Got an acceptance letter today! LLU class of 2016! EXCITTEEDDDDDD!.😍
Do we have a Facebook page for our class?
CONGRATS!!!


Congrats!! Is there a facebook page? or is that gonna happen once we all get there?
I don't think there is one. Maybe you can take the initiative on this one 😉 haha
I don't think there is one. Maybe you can take the initiative on this one 😉 haha
👍
Anyone trying to find an apt? trying to find a one bedroom but everything seems to be out
I've been looking here and there.. Haven't found anything yet.
I wanna find one close to campus. like less than 2 miles so I can bike there. I been finding stuff for $750.
b0realis/varr/cramir23. Just received an e-mail about my acceptance last week! I went to LLU for PTA. Let me know if you have any questions.
Gametime21, do you think that not-religious students can feel comfortable in LLU???
Here is a trading post. You can find good deals for rooms/apt.
http://www.llu.edu/news/trading-post/index.page
http://www.llu.edu/news/trading-post/index.page
Here is a trading post. You can find good deals for rooms/apt.
http://www.llu.edu/news/trading-post/index.page
Awesome! Thanks 🙂
Awesome! Thanks 🙂
No problem! Super excited to see you guys!!! 2 more months left!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On another note, has anyone gotten any confirmation from Loma Linda that they received the $350 deposit? Also, does anyone know when our first tuition is due? I've been getting emails from LLU regarding different things but they're all just automated emails.
On another note, has anyone gotten any confirmation from Loma Linda that they received the $350 deposit? Also, does anyone know when our first tuition is due? I've been getting emails from LLU regarding different things but they're all just automated emails.
Im going in 2morow to turn in my deposit. You should def give them a call. I filled out my FAFSA and I been getting emails from financial aids.
On another note, has anyone gotten any confirmation from Loma Linda that they received the $350 deposit? Also, does anyone know when our first tuition is due? I've been getting emails from LLU regarding different things but they're all just automated emails.
BOrealis. Just got off the phone with dr. Chinook and he mentioned to me that they will be sending us a packet pretty soon. Everyone including the schedule, what to bring for the first day, and etc.
.
BOrealis. Just got off the phone with dr. Chinook and he mentioned to me that they will be sending us a packet pretty soon. Everyone including the schedule, what to bring for the first day, and etc.
Awesome! Thanks for the headsup. Can't wait for the packet 🙂
of course, unless you're uncomfortable with religion. lol
I can make the FB page if you guys are interested.
I can make the FB page if you guys are interested.
Yay. Can you make one!?!??
I can make the FB page if you guys are interested.
I'll one of the first to join. Just give us the name of the group
On another note, did anyone receive a packet recently aside from the initial acceptance letter packet? Supposedly LLU was sending out packets to the class with helpful information..![]()
Still waiting patiently... I might call in next week and ask.
gamtime! Make the Facebook page 🙂 puh puh please..
I'll make it this week. Sorry it's been busy at the hospital.
i'll make it this week. Sorry it's been busy at the hospital.
yay! Ty
On another note, did anyone receive a packet recently aside from the initial acceptance letter packet? Supposedly LLU was sending out packets to the class with helpful information..![]()
Hey Borealis. Chinnock sent an email via our LLU account. It has all the information. He said they sent out the packet today. We should be receiving it by this week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just received the packet in the mail! Can't wait for class to start, sucks being in "limbo." Supposedly we need to maintain a B in this summer's anatomy or else we can't continue in the program. Kind of a scary thought, but I guess we just need to kick some #@$!
Just received the packet in the mail! Can't wait for class to start, sucks being in "limbo." Supposedly we need to maintain a B in this summer's anatomy or else we can't continue in the program. Kind of a scary thought, but I guess we just need to kick some #@$!
Yeap! Just got one as well! Dude no worries! We will get an A in anatomy! Excited to see my cohort!
guys, to make a FB group I need to add you guys on FB. Please e-mail me at [email protected].
