Any low cGPA and sGPAs with interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
overall GPA: 3.38
BCMP GPA: 3.42
MCAT: 31M / 40Q

5 interviews (UHawaii, UPitt, WashU, Brown, Vermont)

no acceptances (but no rejections either)...
the waiting is so hard!

Members don't see this ad.

3.0/3.0 ugrad/sci GPA

3.7 masters GPA

34S MCAT

2 Allo, 3 Osteo Invites

1 Allo, 1 Osteo Acceptance

the waiting is so hard!

Well, you did go to Harvey Mudd. That's the shiznit. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)

the waiting is so hard!

Still at Mudd or are you done???

Anyway, go figure, Mudd and a 40 MCAT, kinda what I'd expect anyway...

Hear about that kid from Claremont with a 42 who was killed on the metrolink crash... damn...

Science and Cum GPA: 3.95
MCAT: 27N
Interviews and Acceptances at DMU and Madison

I ended up only applying to five schools (and late, at that): DMU, Madison, MCW, Vermont, and NYMC. I'm really happy it worked out...I'm in at my top DO school and my top MD school! :)

Good luck to everyone else out there waiting to hear. :luck:

Science and Cum GPA: 3.95
MCAT: 27N
Interviews and Acceptances at DMU and Madison

I ended up only applying to five schools (and late, at that): DMU, Madison, MCW, Vermont, and NYMC. I'm really happy it worked out...I'm in at my top DO school and my top MD school! :)

Good luck to everyone else out there waiting to hear. :luck:

Your post has nothing to do with this thread :bang:

Take your 3.95 all the way to medical school, do not pass go, do not collect 200$

Your post has nothing to do with this thread :bang:

Take your 3.95 all the way to medical school, do not pass go, do not collect 200$

News Flash: a 27N is not exactly a stellar MCAT. This thread is about getting in with low MCATs, too. When I originally posted my stats and ec's in the "What are my chances" thread, I was basically told I have no chance in hell, pack your bags, find a new career because this one is not going to work out for you. It seems to me overcoming those posts is exactly what this thread is about...giving people some hope of getting in when others think it's an impossability. Sorry if you don't agree. :annoyed:

Sorry...I just read the title again and do see that it was not meant for low MCATs. Nevertheless, I stand by my post. Low GPA, low MCAT...what's the difference? They're both stats that everyone thinks is an end-all in this game of applying to med school. If one of them is low, you have no chance. I was posting so people could see that's not the case. There's a lot more that goes into your application than your stats and schools do find those things important, too. I just wanted to let people know that just because your MCAT is low does not mean that you don't have a chance. I didn't mean to offend anyone by my post. :)

Lohktar, chewsnuffles, you guys know Mudd? it's like a tiny bubble no one has ever heard of =) especially on the east coast, where all of the schools that interviewed me are (except for UH).

I graduated in May 2007 actually (incidentally, 3.38 is actually a mix of my 3.09 undergrad :oops: and my 3.86 postbac at UH...)

anyways, cheers to the low GPAers! we'll make it... =)

Last edited:
Lohktar, chewsnuffles, you guys know Mudd? it's like a tiny bubble no one has ever heard of =) especially on the east coast, where all of the schools that interviewed me are (except for UH).

I graduated in May 2007 actually (incidentally, 3.38 is actually a mix of my 3.09 undergrad :oops: and my 3.86 postbac at UH...)

anyways, cheers to the low GPAers! we'll make it... =)

I know it just by reputation - and the fact I had no shot of getting accepted to it from High School. :D It's a fantastic school, especially for math, and that 3.09 is probably worth a lot more than you think.

News Flash: a 27N is not exactly a stellar MCAT. This thread is about getting in with low MCATs, too. When I originally posted my stats and ec's in the "What are my chances" thread, I was basically told I have no chance in hell, pack your bags, find a new career because this one is not going to work out for you. It seems to me overcoming those posts is exactly what this thread is about...giving people some hope of getting in when others think it's an impossability. Sorry if you don't agree. :annoyed:

Bit harsh of people to tell you that a 27 is such a deal breaker, because it definately is not. I'd say that one point between a 26 and a 27 makes a big difference, and plently of people with 27's get in, while >26, well, it gets harder...

Bit harsh of people to tell you that a 27 is such a deal breaker, because it definately is not. I'd say that one point between a 26 and a 27 makes a big difference, and plently of people with 27's get in, while >26, well, it gets harder...

Yeah, I was pretty bummed when I started getting those posts from people. They really made it sound like I had no chance at all. But it worked out for me. That's all I was trying to say. That it can work out. Sorry if I offended you guys. I just read the title of the thread wrong. Good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lokhtar, have you gotten any acceptances yet? Where is your top choice?

3.49 cGPA/3.07 sGPA
33S MCAT

5 interview invites, 1 withdrew, 4 interviews attended, 1 waitlist, 3 pending, 0 acceptances, thus far...

3.49 cGPA/3.07 sGPA
33S MCAT

5 interview invites, 1 withdrew, 4 interviews attended, 1 waitlist, 3 pending, 0 acceptances, thus far...

Just curious, why did you withdraw from a school w/o any acceptances yet?

Just curious, why did you withdraw from a school w/o any acceptances yet?

yeah, sounds kind of stupid, eh? one word: money (and the fact that they would only interview me for a spot on the waitlist); I'm not made of the stuff and in the current economic climate I really had to cut down - I applied to a lot of schools before the crisis hit, and though most of them were pared down via post-secondary rejection, I needed to gauge whether it was worth the cost, both in lost job time and direct costs, to attend, which in this case it wasn't

since I was the last to post on this, as an update, I had a low cGPA and extremely low sGPA (orgo screwed me), but I got 5 interview invites, and of the 4 I attended 1 acceptance and 3 waitlists (which shows that orgo doesn't matter much).

The most important advice to those in this situation is a) apply early and b) plan your schools well (and c) if you really want to do medicine, suck it up and deal with how expensive it's gonna be if you end up with one oos acceptance)

So if you guys have a lower GPA <3.4, and California resident, would it be wiser to place your own UC's med school as #1 choice, or is it better to put a 2nd tier med school as your 1st choice, since your numbers are relatively low?

i know that there is a low MCAT thread but there isn't a low GPA thread. here's a thread for people with low GPA who have gotten interviews?? (and when i mean low i don't mean you have a 3.8 and not a 4.0 i mean below a 3.5) bring some hope to the rest of us!

I was wondering the same thing. This website really shed some light on this (common) question, for me.
http://mdapplicants.com/
You type in the stats you are looking for and it will give you examples of people who were accepted, and to which school(s) they were accepted to.

Hi There!

I am a recent bio major at a school known for its lack of grade inflation (c3.23,s2.87, will take MCAT in January), and I am hoping to enroll in a special master's program in fall 2010. To those of you that also went this route, may I ask for your advice regarding the program you attended and then applying to med school? Do I have a shot?

Thanks in advance!

Bumping this up for this year's applicants.

cGPA: 3.41
sGPA: 3.47
MCAT: 31P, 36Q

1 allo invite, 14 "still alive"

cGPA ~3.46
sGPA < 3.3
MCAT: Low-mid 30's

8 Interviews
4 M.D
4 D.O

It can definitely be done. ;)

cGPA ~3.46
sGPA < 3.3

8 Interviews
4 M.D
4 D.O

It can definitely be done.

Getting in, on the other hand, is another matter entirely.

Good luck.. Same numbers and applying next year

cGPA ~3.46
sGPA < 3.3

8 Interviews
4 M.D
4 D.O

It can definitely be done. ;)

That's roughly where I'm planning on being when I apply. I interview very well so I'm hoping that's what will send me over the edge.

3.12 cGPA
3.2-3.3 sGPA

3.8 GRADUATE sGPA (MPH)
3.9 GRADUATE cGPA (MPH)

MCAT 31L, 30R

3 interviews: 1 osteo and 2 allopathic...

acceptances start rolling out on the 15th of november...

3.04 cGPA
2.78 sGPA

3.58 SMP GPA

33Q MCAT

3 interviews....1 rejection...keeping hopes up we can do this people!!!!!

3.4ish math science
mid low 30's MCAT
4 M.D. interviews
3 D.O. interviews
no acceptances

undergrad cgpa: 3.4
undergrad sgpa: 3.2
grad gpa (all science): 3.72
mcat: 29Q

i re-applied this year after 1 M.D. waitlist last year (my grad gpa went up a little and my mcat re-take yielded the same score, but more balanced, and i added a few ec's but nothing too crazy)

interviewed at 3 D.O. schools and 1 M.D. school and was accepted to all 4

.....it CAN happen!!!