any MD/PhDs in urology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cluelesspremed

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are there any MD/PhDs that are now in urology residencies on this forum? I just finished my third year and have started in the lab and am strongly considering going into urology (but have absolutely no experience in it besides for the little i saw during my surgery rotation).

1. Any advice on how to get my foot in the door with very un-urology like numbers??
2. Anyone know if there is a broad scope for research and where i can get info on exciting topics for research in urology?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
few MD/PhDs end up doing urology, but it is a relatively benign residency/career as far as surgicals are considered.

one person in my program who is interested in urology did research in cancer biology. this is a good idea because most of urological work is for cancer patients. biomedical engineering is also a good area to go into.

a phd helps a lot comes match time. however, your score should still be at least 220+ for a major academic program. community programs are okay for clinical work later on, but detrimental for research/subspecialty based academic career, which is what i'm assuming you are looking for. talk to the residency director at your home program.

Are there any MD/PhDs that are now in urology residencies on this forum? I just finished my third year and have started in the lab and am strongly considering going into urology (but have absolutely no experience in it besides for the little i saw during my surgery rotation).

1. Any advice on how to get my foot in the door with very un-urology like numbers??
2. Anyone know if there is a broad scope for research and where i can get info on exciting topics for research in urology?

thanks!