Any moms out there to prepare for nbde1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shredha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Need a serious study partner to prepare for NBDE part 1 in Sandiego, California..Planning to give in August.Please pm me so that we can plan it out. .

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Shredha,

I am living in Richmond , VA and I also looking for a study partner. Are you interested in getting along so that we can study together and can discuss things on phone or online. I also planning to give exam around July- Aug timings.

Please let me know.

Thank you and good luck.

Natasha.

Members don't see this ad :)
Studying for the Dental Boards as a MOM?! Much respect, takes a lot of courage to step up to the plate with a kid kickin n screamin and askin "Mom? Mom? Mom? Mom? Mom? Mom?" all day long. Well, im rooting for ya. Hope u get a high score.

hi all,

I am in Seattle and planning to take boards part 1 in june/july. have already started. anyone interested please pm me. Thanks

Hi Shredha,

I am living in Richmond , VA and I also looking for a study partner. Are you interested in getting along so that we can study together and can discuss things on phone or online. I also planning to give exam around July- Aug timings.

Please let me know.

Thank you and good luck.

Natasha.
Hi Natasha, Planning to take in June/July. Let me know if u intersted to study together. Thanks.

Last edited:
hi there!! all u moms out there i just wanna give u a few words of encouragement ...I appeared for nbde 1 last month for the first time n gotta a score of 89 2 days ago...trust me i managed to do it alone with 2 small kids....just believe in urself n remeber U have the Will U just have to Find the Way

thats a gr8 thing on ur part Taha....am a mom-2-be...xpctn in April...residn in Maryland...yet to start th prep....any suggestions? anyone lives nearby....???

hi
I am also planning to give part 1 in august .I stay in charlotte nort carolina.
any body intrested pl pm me.

Hey ..!!

Me too in the club...!!! Glad to see im not the only SUPERMOM....:D!!!

BTW i have postponed the exam already once...!!! was supposed to appear in MARCH...!!! but m not appearing until i feel confident enough!!!!

Cheers..!!!:thumbup:

hi everyone , i am in califonia, i just started studying for part1, but its hard with a 2yr old around and believe me when i say he is so energetic and is throwing tantrum round the clock! though i do get time when he is in daycare for 4 hours a day, still theres so much to study! i wanted an advice, as all of you know about the 2012 rule, do you think its beteer to appear nxt year or this? and gurlfrnds who already did their exam, please post questions yo remember and topics to give stress on! all the best to all.

heya.. i have 3 month old daughter .. i am also planing to take the exam .. already started studying.. i was also wondering to take the exam next year now coz of pass/ fail criteria starting from 2012.. i think thats better than the percentile criteria going on now.. and also by that way i have about 9 months to study .. because its hard to study with my lil one..

Members don't see this ad :)
@ taha
hey you managed to take the test with 2 kids?? thats great on your part.. i just wanted to know that how much time did you spend for your preprations for NBDE part 1 exam?
How did you managed to do all that? Did you work with any dentist for experience to be shown on your resume during interviews or you were on a break for a while for raising your kids.. as I am on break from past one and a half year because of pregnancy and difficult visa procedures..

hi there!! all u moms out there i just wanna give u a few words of encouragement ...I appeared for nbde 1 last month for the first time n gotta a score of 89 2 days ago...trust me i managed to do it alone with 2 small kids....just believe in urself n remeber U have the Will U just have to Find the Way
@ taha
hey you managed to take the test with 2 kids?? thats great on your part.. i just wanted to know that how much time did you spend for your preprations for NBDE part 1 exam?
How did you managed to do all that? Did you work with any dentist for experience to be shown on your resume during interviews or you were on a break for a while for raising your kids.. as I am on break from past one and a half year because of pregnancy and difficult visa procedures..
user_online.gif
progress.gif

Hi Taha, congratulations on your great score!! I very much respect your effort as I am studying with two 2 yr olds and it is super hard!! Can you please tell me how many hours did u study and especially the last month, how many hours did u put and what material did you use to prepare. My exam is mid-May and I am barley finishing up the first time studying!! PLease advice me!

hi there!! thank u soo much for ur wishes ..believe me it wasnt easy there were times i would cry or want to give up coz my husband was hardly homw to help..i would put the kids the kids to sleep by 8-9 sometimes even 10 n would study all night till morning 4-5 n then be up for my morning duties..this went on for about 4 months n I was a walking zombie by then finally the last month my mom came down to help me n that made the diff i suppose God couldnt be everywhere so he created mothers..

hi there!! thank u soo much for ur wishes ..believe me it wasnt easy there were times i would cry or want to give up coz my husband was hardly homw to help..i would put the kids the kids to sleep by 8-9 sometimes even 10 n would study all night till morning 4-5 n then be up for my morning duties..this went on for about 4 months n I was a walking zombie by then finally the last month my mom came down to help me n that made the diff i suppose God couldnt be everywhere so he created mothers..

God bless you! I do the exact same thing too! My Husband is actually in one of the International Dental Programs right now and we take shifts with the kids. My exam is next month (mid-May). I really hope to get a reasonable score (anywhere around 86-87). I have been studying for 7 months now but short hours a day. Now I am full speed around 6-8hrs a day, but half of them asleep :yawn:. I am reviewing DA now and will start past exams v. soon. Wish me luck and any advice on how to handle the last month would be deeply appreciated :).

God bless you! I do the exact same thing too! My Husband is actually in one of the International Dental Programs right now and we take shifts with the kids. My exam is next month (mid-May). I really hope to get a reasonable score (anywhere around 86-87). I have been studying for 7 months now but short hours a day. Now I am full speed around 6-8hrs a day, but half of them asleep :yawn:. I am reviewing DA now and will start past exams v. soon. Wish me luck and any advice on how to handle the last month would be deeply appreciated :).

hi,am also trying to study for nbde 1 with 15 months twins as well,i also can get only few hours aday so i expect to take long months preparing,but how can u remember all things u studied more than 7-8 months ago:( any advice on what to start with?am starting with dental decks,how many hours aday u studied?wish u the best of luck

hi,am also trying to study for nbde 1 with 15 months twins as well,i also can get only few hours aday so i expect to take long months preparing,but how can u remember all things u studied more than 7-8 months ago:( any advice on what to start with?am starting with dental decks,how many hours aday u studied?wish u the best of luck

Good luck with your preparation! It was a tough journey but worth the hard work! I was determine to prove myself that I can do it! I scored an 89 in NBDE 1 and 107 in Toefl with my twins! If I can do it anyone else can. I am not super strong or anything. I am a normal person. I posted a link on my exact study plan. I started out slow 2-3 hours a day and ended up with 8-10 hrs a day. But I couldn't do anything without the help of my husband! He was a great support during this process. He helped me study by taking care of the girls in the evenings. I couldn't have done it alone! Good luck and all the best!

Good luck with your preparation! It was a tough journey but worth the hard work! I was determine to prove myself that I can do it! I scored an 89 in NBDE 1 and 107 in Toefl with my twins! If I can do it anyone else can. I am not super strong or anything. I am a normal person. I posted a link on my exact study plan. I started out slow 2-3 hours a day and ended up with 8-10 hrs a day. But I couldn't do anything without the help of my husband! He was a great support during this process. He helped me study by taking care of the girls in the evenings. I couldn't have done it alone! Good luck and all the best!
i really needed to hear that thanx alot,were u fresh grad when u did the exam coz i graduated 2003 and i saw ur study plan which i really like but will it be enough for me who graduated that long?
ur determination gave me courage,i too wish u all luck in ur future as well

i really needed to hear that thanx alot,were u fresh grad when u did the exam coz i graduated 2003 and i saw ur study plan which i really like but will it be enough for me who graduated that long?

Dont worry at all .I started studying when my daughter was only 3 months old.I appeared in part 1 when she was 7 months.I scored 90+.I hope this is encouraging.If ur partner is helpful and caring u can work wonders.All the best.

Dont worry at all .I started studying when my daughter was only 3 months old.I appeared in part 1 when she was 7 months.I scored 90+.I hope this is encouraging.If ur partner is helpful and caring u can work wonders.All the best.

thank u very much simy,am sure lots of moms are glad to hear this,can i ask plz what resources u counted on the most?best of luck in ur future,moms always score good at the exam this is really comforting :)

thank u very much simy,am sure lots of moms are glad to hear this,can i ask plz what resources u counted on the most?best of luck in ur future,moms always score good at the exam this is really comforting :)

I studied decks,asda papers,first aid ,micro biochem and physio from kaplan review book,kaplan q bank and finally solved nbde crack mock exam

Hi I am new to this forum..even I did my graduation long bak(2005)..Now I am planning to prepare for nbde with a 3 year old daugter..I am completely blank..I don't know how to start..where to start..:)I was really Happy to c u all moms here...I would appreciate ur suggestions on study plans,materials I can rely,etc..

Dear Guys,
first all let me wish you a good luck.
I have taken the part 1 passed it (91%). applied for a program and got accepted.

the things i recommend to study to get a 90+ score is Dental Decks, USMLE videos, released exams and first aid. and review all that you read at least 3 times. and when you are done. buy Crack the NBDE1 software and take the exams at home. if you score 90+ in them, go ahead and have the test nailed.

Good luck again

OMG!! thank you God!! I'm studing for my part 1 and I have a 19 months old!! I'm working part time to pay daycare, soo.. I study part time too. Please help me, I'm taking release exams and scoring very low (280 aprox) I have problems trying to remember every detail, what should I do, I went over EVERYTHING USMLE videos, Dental Decks, you name it.. any advice??

OMG!! thank you God!! I'm studing for my part 1 and I have a 19 months old!! I'm working part time to pay daycare, soo.. I study part time too. Please help me, I'm taking release exams and scoring very low (280 aprox) I have problems trying to remember every detail, what should I do, I went over EVERYTHING USMLE videos, Dental Decks, you name it.. any advice??
Trust me, you can do it. Just don't panic and be patient with yourself.