Any More of These?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

postbaccer82

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I am currently trying to find a postbac program that is for someone who (1) is not a minority, (2) has completed all the science prereqs (aka not a career changer), and (3) offers some type of linkage with a medical school.

I currently found VCOM's postbac, which I will be applying to. I would like to find a few more similar programs. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Members don't see this ad.

They're a dime-a-dozen!

Offhand...
Gtown
Drexel
Mt Sinai
PCOM
TUNCOM
Rosy F
LECOM

Thanks for your reply mate! Gtown is for career changers though... Where are you applying to med school?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your reply mate! Gtown is for career changers though... Where are you applying to med school?
Goro is not applying to medical schools, he is an adcom member at a DO school.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anybody have more info about LECOM's postbac? All their links on Google seem to be broken....

Like what are the acceptance rate for LECOM's postbac? How about for a 3.6GPA 27MCAT guy?

Nobody tells me what to do, sorry. Could someone just post a list of postbacs that satisfy my requirements (non-minority, non-career changers, etc.). Thanks!

Nobody tells me what to do, sorry. Could someone just post a list of postbacs that satisfy my requirements (non-minority, non-career changers, etc.). Thanks!

I've been scrambling to make this list for you the second you posted that, but in the meantime would you like some cucumber water?

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Good lord... and people like this have a chance at becoming doctors...
Are you going to cut the nurses with your scalpel when they don't fetch what you need quickly enough? You don't seem like a very nice person.

/ I'm out, just had to throw that out there /

Are you going to cut the nurses with your scalpel when they don't fetch what you need quickly enough? You don't seem like a very nice person.

Yes, exactly. Medicine is hierarchical, and to continue your analogy, that nurse would be putting the patient in danger and needs to be told how to do her job correctly by a doctor, and his attitude is important to doing that. /thread

Yes, exactly. Medicine is hierarchical, and to continue your analogy, that nurse would be putting the patient in danger and needs to be told how to do her job correctly by a doctor, and his attitude is important to doing that. /thread

Manners > meanness.
I have met plenty of nice doctors, and plenty of doctors who are straight up what-is-stuck-up-your-ass-today doctors, and guess who EVERYONE (patients and staff included) like more? And are willing to help out more? THE NICE PERSON! PEOPLE LIKE NICE (competent) PEOPLE!

A ****ty attitude won't get you very far in life, and if it happens to, well, you'll be a miserable old lonely bastard and die alone in your recliner one day....

**Mods please excuse my French, just defending the turf :punch:

Reactions: 1 user
Manners > meanness.
I have met plenty of nice doctors, and plenty of doctors who are straight up what-is-stuck-up-your-ass-today doctors, and guess who EVERYONE (patients and staff included) like more? And are willing to help out more? THE NICE PERSON! PEOPLE LIKE NICE (competent) PEOPLE!

A ****ty attitude won't get you very far in life, and if it happens to, well, you'll be a miserable old lonely bastard and die alone in your recliner one day....

**Mods please excuse my French, just defending the turf :punch:

Just a troll trying to bait people, don't spend too much energy responding, the hammer approaches.

Reactions: 2 users
:hijacked: Thanks @LizzyM

Back on track, what are the top five best of these programs?

Are there any that lead to an MD school acceptance if a certain GPA in the program is maintained?

Maybe you could take the wonderful list Goro gave you and the wonderful link LizzyM gave you and do your own searching.

Loose cannon, rather than an outright troll.

I get very nervous around people who knee-jerk the 'don't tell me what to do! !" when you give then advice. Control issues and all that.

The sound of the juicy hammer slamming against a pesky loose cannon. :singing::headphone:

This is why I come back to surf pre allo!
Cheers!

It will be an awesome day when the Lounge (and specialty forums) crashes the party at Preallo :shifty::shifty:

Reactions: 1 user

Yeah, no, not really. Ever wonder what happens when you try to pull a "sick trolling" on an adcom? Ask that guy.

I think it was that same troll who kept saying "don't tell me what to do" in the Creationist vs. Evolution thread a couple of days ago.