Sep 2, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Hello Everyone,

I am currently trying to find a postbac program that is for someone who (1) is not a minority, (2) has completed all the science prereqs (aka not a career changer), and (3) offers some type of linkage with a medical school.

I currently found VCOM's postbac, which I will be applying to. I would like to find a few more similar programs. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much!

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
Non-Student
They're a dime-a-dozen!

Offhand...
Gtown
Drexel
Mt Sinai
PCOM
TUNCOM
Rosy F
LECOM

Reactions: postbaccer82

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
Reactions: Goro
OP
postbaccer82
Sep 2, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Nobody tells me what to do, sorry. Could someone just post a list of postbacs that satisfy my requirements (non-minority, non-career changers, etc.). Thanks!

Apr 25, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Good lord... and people like this have a chance at becoming doctors...
Are you going to cut the nurses with your scalpel when they don't fetch what you need quickly enough? You don't seem like a very nice person.

/ I'm out, just had to throw that out there /

OP
postbaccer82
Sep 2, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
Are you going to cut the nurses with your scalpel when they don't fetch what you need quickly enough? You don't seem like a very nice person.

Yes, exactly. Medicine is hierarchical, and to continue your analogy, that nurse would be putting the patient in danger and needs to be told how to do her job correctly by a doctor, and his attitude is important to doing that. /thread

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
My trust fund is probably bigger than your house, just fyi. But back on track, does anybody know the TOP FIVE programs most similar to VCOM's?
Sorry, I've just added you to my ignore list.

Apr 25, 2014
Status
Pre-Medical
Yes, exactly. Medicine is hierarchical, and to continue your analogy, that nurse would be putting the patient in danger and needs to be told how to do her job correctly by a doctor, and his attitude is important to doing that. /thread
Manners > meanness.
I have met plenty of nice doctors, and plenty of doctors who are straight up what-is-stuck-up-your-ass-today doctors, and guess who EVERYONE (patients and staff included) like more? And are willing to help out more? THE NICE PERSON! PEOPLE LIKE NICE (competent) PEOPLE!

A ****ty attitude won't get you very far in life, and if it happens to, well, you'll be a miserable old lonely bastard and die alone in your recliner one day....

**Mods please excuse my French, just defending the turf :punch:

Reactions: frosted_flake

NotASerialKiller

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Manners > meanness.
I have met plenty of nice doctors, and plenty of doctors who are straight up what-is-stuck-up-your-ass-today doctors, and guess who EVERYONE (patients and staff included) like more? And are willing to help out more? THE NICE PERSON! PEOPLE LIKE NICE (competent) PEOPLE!

A ****ty attitude won't get you very far in life, and if it happens to, well, you'll be a miserable old lonely bastard and die alone in your recliner one day....

**Mods please excuse my French, just defending the turf :punch:
Just a troll trying to bait people, don't spend too much energy responding, the hammer approaches.

narvik2016

2+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Nobody tells me what to do, sorry. Could someone just post a list of postbacs that satisfy my requirements (non-minority, non-career changers, etc.). Thanks!
Maybe you could take the wonderful list Goro gave you and the wonderful link LizzyM gave you and do your own searching.

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
Loose cannon, rather than an outright troll.

I get very nervous around people who knee-jerk the 'don't tell me what to do! !" when you give then advice. Control issues and all that.

You guys realize this is a troll right?

Goro

7+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Status
Non-Student
And splat went the banhammer! Kudos to the moderators!

I get very nervous around people who knee-jerk the 'don't tell me what to do! !" when you give then advice. Control issues and all that.

IlDestriero

Ether Man
10+ Year Member
Nov 24, 2007
The ivory tower.
Status
Attending Physician
This is why I come back to surf pre allo!
Cheers!

Lawper

cat in a box
Gold Donor
5+ Year Member
SDN Ambassador
Jun 17, 2014
space chat

The sound of the juicy hammer slamming against a pesky loose cannon. :singing::headphone:

This is why I come back to surf pre allo!
Cheers!
It will be an awesome day when the Lounge (and specialty forums) crashes the party at Preallo :sneaky::sneaky:

GiveMeThatMD

Consider this thread DERAILED.
2+ Year Member
Dec 11, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)

Yeah, no, not really. Ever wonder what happens when you try to pull a "sick trolling" on an adcom? Ask that guy.

Cotterpin

Gluconeogenesis Evangelion
2+ Year Member
Jun 18, 2015
Status
Medical Student
I think it was that same troll who kept saying "don't tell me what to do" in the Creationist vs. Evolution thread a couple of days ago.