Any motivating podcast recommendations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Looking for this to battle a bit of a burnout I'm experiencing! Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know podcasts, but I have a bunch of favorites from youtube, like this one. I played this a million times during second year. Arnold is the man.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The School of Greatness by Lewis Howes helps keep me going when I'm down in a slump

Not motivating, but an interesting murder mystery investigation type of podcast S-Town just came out yesterday actually.

Not motivating, but an interesting murder mystery investigation type of podcast S-Town just came out yesterday actually.

My PI just recommended this to me 5 minutes ago. Sounds intriguing

My PI just recommended this to me 5 minutes ago. Sounds intriguing

And if you end up liking it, check out Serial....similar in style both made by same overarching public radio station - This American Life.

And if you end up liking it, check out Serial....similar in style both made by same overarching public radio station - This American Life.

Lol are you my PI? Said the exact same thing.

I finished Serial 1 and it was excellent, I am currently on Serial 2 and plan on picking up s-town afterwards. Excellent quality as to be expected from TAL spinoffs.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the recommendations everyone! S-Town is on my to-listen list after step 1!

Hidden Brain and This American Life!

How I Built This!

From their website:

How I Built This is a podcast that captures this spirit. It's about innovators, entrepreneurs, and idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built. Each episode is a narrative journey marked by triumphs, failures, serendipity and insight — told by the founders of some of the world's best known companies and brands.

For those who enjoy story-like podcasts, I'd definitely recommend "Alice isn't Dead" by the same people who make Welcome to Night Vale. Also their Within in the Wires picks up if you get past the first couple of episodes since the first are kinda boring...

Also Freakonomics is definitely a classic!

Just a heads up - I just binged listened S-Town yesterday, while pipetting mindlessly for 6 hours. It was okay. I am a HUGE TAL and Serial fan (especially season 1), but S-Town's story and mystery just aren't as compelling.

+1 for Freakonomics Radio and Alice Isn't Dead. Embedded is also great. Missing Richard Simmons is super interesting and funny. For more fiction podcasts, some of my favorites are Limetown, The Message, The Black Tapes, and The Truth. Radiolab is a must listen.

Short Coat Podcast, The Moth, Call Your Girlfriend

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Don't know podcasts, but I have a bunch of favorites from youtube, like this one. I played this a million times during second year. Arnold is the man.

Arnold is a pig. Maria Shriver is beyond class snd elegance. She is it! Wonder Woman.
Arnold was no man at all in what he did to Maria, the child he had with their maid, he showed himself to be a total eunuch given his abuse of anabolics...and it showed in his lack of character.
Maria Shriver is amazing role model. Arnold a total fake. z

Same but I didn't use one video. I'd rotate through a bunch that all kind of looked like this:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
To Fight burnout these podcasts might show you the light at the end of the tunnel:

Docs Outside the Box Podcast - Ordinary Doctors doing Extraordinary Things
Hippocratic Hustle Podcast- A podcast about women physicians practicing medicine creatively and personal finances
Dr Money Matters- important money topics never taught in med school.
The Happy Doc - This show is about bringing inspirational, creative, successful, and happy health professionals to you. Made by a 4th year med student who recently graduated and is going into psych.