PhD/PsyD Any New York INS attendees?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Synard

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering

Members don't see this ad.

First time in a while I'm not going. Hectic time with some initiatives on the board of my state psych association, and we're only two weeks out from our due date. Wanted to make sure I'm in town in case things start going slightly early. Planning on AACN.

Seems less well attended this year than I recall in previous years.

Members don't see this ad :)
There was exactly one talk I was interested in. I was glad that there were some new-ish topics this time. There's only so many conferences you can go to that are about "Mild Impairment in this one small subset of a subset of executive functions in impossibly rare disorders in a small ethnic minority group"

Reactions: 2 users
I was there earlier, and there seemed to be fewer people I knew than in years past. I did enjoy several of the presentations though.

And NYC is the best (although times square sucks), no more of this "I hate NY" stuff. :).

Reactions: 1 user
I was there earlier, and there seemed to be fewer people I knew than in years past. I did enjoy several of the presentations though.

And NYC is the best (although times square sucks), no more of this "I hate NY" stuff. :).

Sorry, I'll get better at enjoying rude people, coupled with the aroma of hot trash and urine :)

Reactions: 1 users
Sorry, I'll get better at enjoying rude people, coupled with the aroma of hot trash and urine :)
See? Non-NYers are so judgmental. :). We're (usually) not rude if you don't get in our way!

Some of us just like to be able to go into an ethnic non-chain restaurant after 8pm.

Reactions: 1 users

Just walk into any corner pizza joint and problem solved. You get rude people coupled with the aroma of the best pizza on earth.

For the record, you seem to enjoy bantering with this rude New Yorker just fine.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user