Any news from Emory?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tincan903

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Emory mailed final acceptances on 3/10. Has anyone heard from them? Erica Black said wait list would be e-mailed and accept/reject would be snail mailed and I have heard no talk of anyone getting any kind of notification. Please post any news.Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I think they're running a little behind. I emailed Erica Black today, and got a response to the effect that they're still finalizing decisions, but that we'd hear from them soon.

Wrigley

Thanks for the information. Its still a waiting game.
tincan

Members don't see this ad :)
This is getting ridiculous. I am SO sick of waiting to hear from Emory. I interviewed in early October, and each time they mail acceptances, I go crazy checking the mailbox all week. They've had 5 full months to decide what to do with my application...and they TOTALLY led me on at the interview and made me feel very confident that I would be accepted. If they reject me now....
GRRRR:mad:

desdemona,

i had the exact same experience-early interview and received confident feedback that i was qualified and a good match for emory. don't feel along--you aren't the only one in the long-waiting boat...

i hear y'all as well..interviewed early december and still havent heard...Erica said they would send out decision letters 3/10 so hopefully we should all be getting them by monday...keep those fingers crossed :)

According to the lady I talked to on the phone, she said that the last batch of acceptances was mailed out on 3/10. I asked whether I was in that lucky bunch, she said no..... (ouch!)
She said that I will soon know whether I'm rejected or waitlisted.

btw, rejection and waitlist letters were to be sent as late as 3/14 (last Friday), i think.

Oh dear god, that mean's I'm either waitlisted or rejected, too. Swell. On the optomistic side or sour grapes side, I definitely wasn't keen on the fact that they have grades. Thank goodness for pass-fail schools.

I suspect this may have something to do with state residency. They say they reserve half the seats for GA residents and also give preference to "Southern" residents. No matter how they draw that line, I'm not from the South. Makes it far more competitive for us to be admitted if we aren't from one of the lucky states...

does anyone know how large their waitlist is, or how many people they accept off of it each year?

I just called the admissions office and the secretary said that final decisions have not yet been made. I specifically asked if all acceptances were sent out on 3/10 and she said NO. She said all applicants would be receiving an email in the next 5 days or so-I suppose regarding their status. There's still hope!

Everyone take a deep breath. We've been waiting months to hear back from Emory; we can wait a few more days.

bump... still waiting

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's the scoop:

They're having a slight problem with their servers, but they expect to have it corrected soon. Some of the decision letters have gone out already and the rest will go out when the tech support guys finish fixing the server.

Also, Erica Black, the Assistant Director of Admissions, asked me to post the following, since she doesn't have posting privileges on the board:

1. She reads the message board occasionally, and people should not hesitate to send her questions about the application process, as there seems to be some misinformation floating around. She is more than happy to talk with you. Her contact information is in the packet you received at the interview.

2. You should let her know if you are truly interested in attending Emory.

3. Emory does not reserve spots for anyone, Georgia residents or otherwise.

Hope this help you guys! We should all know where we stand soon.

Wrigley

from the talk about servers, it is safe to assume that our decisions will be emailed? then i can stop calling my momma telling her to check the mailbox

I called today, and like a previous poster mentioned, all decisions will be emailed on Friday.

got an email saying I was placed on the alternate list today. Another friggin waitlist hehe. Hot damn, hope you all fare better.

I just got an email from Emory today about my status. Alternate list.:confused:

I'm also on the waitlist. Whatever. I really want to know where I'll be this fall ASAP, so that I can start planning the next stage of my life. It doesn't look like that'll happen though. Here's to another stressful summer!

Originally posted by batman123
I'm also on the waitlist. Whatever. I really want to know where I'll be this fall ASAP, so that I can start planning the next stage of my life. It doesn't look like that'll happen though. Here's to another stressful summer!

I hear you! I HATE not definitely knowing where I'm going. I really don't know whether I want to stay on this alternate list or not. I'm accepted at a school that's just as good...I change my mind about Emory every day. Too bad people on the alternate list can't go to 2nd look. I have no idea if Emory is my top choice or not...it totally depends on my mood.

Waitlist here too. Waiting waiting waiting. Why does everyone need so much TIME to decide? AAA! Despite what the email says (everyone who is worthy of coming to our school has already been notified) none of us seems to be one of them. What gives?

Let's fish for hope: they pulled a Cornell and accidentally sent waitlist letters to everyone, when they really meant to send me an acceptance. Oh whatever. Why am I writing this right now? We're going to war as I type!

I am on the alternate list too.Thank goodness i have one acceptance. Its not ranked as high as Emory but at least I got notification from them on the day they told me that they would make their decisions and not a day later.
Tincan

Damn, with all the hype about med school and acceptances and such...it gets kinda scary...and I'm just gonna start out as a pre-med this fall! I think as a failsafe I will start my own special fund...and apply to ALL 127 or so medical schools...that way I can atleast hopefully a greatly increased chance of atleast one acceptance...what do you think?

I also read in college handbooks of ppl working their asses off and getting into medical school only after the 2 years of coursework! Instead of the normal Undergraduate Degree that it takes to get into medical school...any word on that? any of you know anyone like that? or are that type of person yourself? If so please let me know..cause I want to know what it takes to accomplish that...

Thanks,

Bump. Anyone heard of an acceptance yet?

(Bump) So no one from SDN has gotten an acceptance from Emory in march?