Any NIH postbac IRTAs who've already filled out FAFSA....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amp3r5and

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if question 46d applies to our award money?

d) Student grant and scholarship aid reported to the IRS in your (and your spouse's) adjusted gross income. Includes AmeriCorps benefits (awards, living allowances, and interest accrual payments), as well as grant and scholarship portions of fellowships and assistantships (question 46d):

I tried calling the help number and just got a confusing answer. So, I will try again tomorrow but if anyone has help in the meantime....thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I included it.

I cannot think of any theory under which it would NOT count.

Members don't see this ad :)
yes i was confused as well. do we also put this number in our gross income as well?

i think they said to write it both times when i called. but jesus the person was not very clear.

yes i was confused as well. do we also put this number in our gross income as well?

i think they said to write it both times when i called. but jesus the person was not very clear.

it's definitely part of your adjusted gross income.
that info is straight from your tax return.

Did you guys include your NIH income in the earnings from 2008 (Q39)? Also, is adjusted gross income how much you made after taxes? If I made $9000 last year, about how much in taxes will I be paying? (sorry for all the questions!) Thanks!