10 cc's cordrazine
15+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2002
New England
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by einey
Has anyone heard anything from PCOM???
Yeah, that I absolutely had to get a letter from an academic dean in order for them to process my secondary because I don't qualify for a committee letter. Three letters from faculty doesn't count as much as a letter from a dean who hadn't met me until a week ago.

I hope she sends it soon.

- Tae

About the Ads

tkim

10 cc's cordrazine
15+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2002
New England
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by mohody
tkim6599, why don't you qualify for a committee letter? Do you not meet your school requirements?

Justin
I transfered from one school to another, and did most of my science prereqs at the first school, which won't write me a letter 'cause I didn't graduate from there, and theh second school won't write me one cause I didn't take enough science classes from their school. Lovely.

- Tae

mohody

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2002
nevada
Visit site
Status
Wow, I can't believe your schools are doing that. There are some schools that will take letters from biology or chemistry instructors in place of a committee letter.

tkim

10 cc's cordrazine
15+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2002
New England
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by mohody
Wow, I can't believe your schools are doing that. There are some schools that will take letters from biology or chemistry instructors in place of a committee letter.
Actually, most of the schools accept three faculty letters in place of a committee letter, but PCOM was pretty adamant about getting a letter from an academic dean, if I couldn't supply a committee letter. *shrug*

- Tae

spunk11

Wishing for PCOM
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
Status
Sorry to hear about your situation tkim...Hope you are getting everything straightened out and that the rest of the application process goes smoothly... :)

Anyone else hear from PCOM yet

NUgirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 18, 2002
Chicago
Status
Congratulations Tigerlily on the PCOM interview! How did they contact you?

spunk11

Wishing for PCOM
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 15, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
Status
Congrats Tigerlily! GOOD LUCK :) You'll have to let us know how it goes!! :clap: :clap: :D

W

WishUponAStar

Congratulations,

I'd stop in the Fishbowl and answer some questions for you from a student's perspective, but I don't know anything. I'm only in week 4. ;-) I wouldn't be any help. There are always some second years who drop in and do a little Q&A though, and don't be afraid to ask them anything. As far as I can tell, they aren't secret spies to the admission's people.

Good Luck!

About the Ads