Any noise from PCOM???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

einey

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from PCOM???

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by einey
Has anyone heard anything from PCOM???

Yeah, that I absolutely had to get a letter from an academic dean in order for them to process my secondary because I don't qualify for a committee letter. Three letters from faculty doesn't count as much as a letter from a dean who hadn't met me until a week ago.

I hope she sends it soon.

- Tae

tkim6599, why don't you qualify for a committee letter? Do you not meet your school requirements?

Justin

Members don't see this ad :)
TUCOM class of 2007, that sounds so good, Justin!
Say it proudly!!

Einey

Originally posted by mohody
tkim6599, why don't you qualify for a committee letter? Do you not meet your school requirements?

Justin

I transfered from one school to another, and did most of my science prereqs at the first school, which won't write me a letter 'cause I didn't graduate from there, and theh second school won't write me one cause I didn't take enough science classes from their school. Lovely.

- Tae

Wow, I can't believe your schools are doing that. There are some schools that will take letters from biology or chemistry instructors in place of a committee letter.

Originally posted by mohody
Wow, I can't believe your schools are doing that. There are some schools that will take letters from biology or chemistry instructors in place of a committee letter.

Actually, most of the schools accept three faculty letters in place of a committee letter, but PCOM was pretty adamant about getting a letter from an academic dean, if I couldn't supply a committee letter. *shrug*

- Tae

Sorry to hear about your situation tkim...Hope you are getting everything straightened out and that the rest of the application process goes smoothly... :)

Anyone else hear from PCOM yet
face12.gif

interview at PCOM sept 30th!!

good luck to everyone.

Congratulations Tigerlily on the PCOM interview! How did they contact you?

NUgirl, thanks, PCOM sent me a letter early last week.

Congrats Tigerlily! GOOD LUCK :) You'll have to let us know how it goes!! :clap: :clap: :D

Congratulations,

I'd stop in the Fishbowl and answer some questions for you from a student's perspective, but I don't know anything. I'm only in week 4. ;-) I wouldn't be any help. There are always some second years who drop in and do a little Q&A though, and don't be afraid to ask them anything. As far as I can tell, they aren't secret spies to the admission's people.

Good Luck!