Any of you guys own a belt-fed light machine gun?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pilot Doc

SDN Angel
Moderator Emeritus
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just thinking about buying my first belt-fed machine gun. Wonder if anybody has one or some tips about what to buy? The M60 has some retro appeal to it, but maybe the SAW would be more practical for day-to-day carry. I have a standard size locker in the OR - do you think either would fit? What are the legalities of non-concealed carry. Do I need a permit?

And I'm thinking about getting a big ole monster truck and mounting something in the bed. Would a F150 handle a quad .50 setup or do I need something bigger?

Members don't see this ad.

...First off, shouldn't this be in the lounge section and not the Anesthesiology section? Second, I'm sorry but I'm compelled to think of you as a psycho doctor now. >_>; I mean...Why in the world of lucky charms, would you need something for day-to-day carry? Or at all!! You're a doctor! Not a hoodlum! :/

...First off, shouldn't this be in the lounge section and not the Anesthesiology section? Second, I'm sorry but I'm compelled to think of you as a psycho doctor now. >_>; I mean...Why in the world of lucky charms, would you need something for day-to-day carry? Or at all!! You're a doctor! Not a hoodlum! :/

Chill out, Slim.

This is the anesthesia forum.

We ain't a buncha internists with bow ties on, sitting around mentally masturbating about what we forgot to rule out.

We get the clinical stuff done.

But we like to have fun too.

Entertainment is OK.

Take a seat in the back, yeah, over there to the left. And enjoy a little comedy.

Smile a little.

Consider charm school.

And to be quite honest, I may be able to use Pilot's dream truck here in gangsta'a paradise during those 3am drives to the hospital because...you know....THE FREAKS COME OUT AT NIGHT...( a little Whodini reference for you non-rappers out there).....

Members don't see this ad :)
Be sure you don't fire that .50 perpendicular to the truck; you'll be on your side shooting in the air.

And I posted this in another thread, but
belt.jpg

Eh, I'm all for entertainment, really, I am, but a belt-fed machine gun? I still think that's a bit to much but meh, whatever.~

Eh, I'm all for entertainment, really, I am, but a belt-fed machine gun? I still think that's a bit to much but meh, whatever.~

It's all about keeping up with the Jone's (or the Venty's in this case - who is becoming one well armed mofo).

David Carpenter, PA-C

you must not frequent this board....it's okay. Just sit back, relax, crack open your favorite bubbly beverage of choice and watch the good times, or threads, roll.

We're just havin' fun man. No one is taking themselves too seriously (i don't think at least :D)

LMG? Where's the skill in using one of those? I don't think the spray-n-pray approach fits your style.

I'm thinking a silenced sniper rifle that can be broken down to fit in a small suitcase. Also very handy for those hard to reach places. Just a thought.

LMG? Where's the skill in using one of those? I don't think the spray-n-pray approach fits your style.

I'm thinking a silenced sniper rifle that can be broken down to fit in a small suitcase. Also very handy for those hard to reach places. Just a thought.

I borrow a friend's Barrett 95 from time to time. It's heavy, but fit's in my locker pretty well at work. Since I have access to something for accuracy work, I'm thinking of putting my budget toward something that can provide cover fire.

And I'm thinking about getting a big ole monster truck and mounting something in the bed. Would a F150 handle a quad .50 setup or do I need something bigger?

This might give you a little more bang for the truck. I bet a quad would be over kill. Those back tires make the thing a little tight for cramped quarters. But bigger is always better.

gmgcover.jpg

Of course, you really need a "mini gun" mounted on the back of your monsta truck... (and you gotta love "Crosstown Traffic" playing in the background)...

[YOUTUBE]BmftWnCLnlQ[/YOUTUBE]

This might fit in your OR locker. And check that thing burping out brass. Very interesting sound.

-copro

One rotary cannon is not enough. Three are much better. One trigger, 3 rotary cannons, 18,000 rounds/minute. When fired, sounds like the loudest chain saw you've ever imagined.
VulcanGun.jpg

And if anyone else enjoys Class III stuff like me, you really should make it to the Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot. But don't just take my word for it:
http://www.knobcreekshoot.com/new/video/GodKeptIt.wmv

Members don't see this ad :)
why stop at light machine guns, if you're an attending, you should be able to afford a small armored helicopter to fly to work and back. If you're just a resident, you should consider financing one.

If you thought a normal parking tag was expensive, try getting one for the helipad.

SAWs are fun, unfortunately I don't own one. However, I highly encourage getting one. I wouldn't put it in your locker though, I'd mount it to your truck.

If you consider a Thompson Sub-Machine gun a belt-fed, then yes, I own one ;) Best. Purchase. Ever.

Amatuers... :rolleyes:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a9jZJaEgDg[/YOUTUBE]

However, I wouldn't mind havin' this badboy:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99NHb6B03s[/YOUTUBE]

:laugh:
Chill out, Slim.[/B]

This is the anesthesia forum.

We ain't a buncha internists with bow ties on, sitting around mentally masturbating about what we forgot to rule out.

We get the clinical stuff done.

But we like to have fun too.

Entertainment is OK.

Take a seat in the back, yeah, over there to the left. And enjoy a little comedy.

Smile a little.

Consider charm school.

And to be quite honest, I may be able to use Pilot's dream truck here in gangsta'a paradise during those 3am drives to the hospital because...you know....THE FREAKS COME OUT AT NIGHT...( a little Whodini reference for you non-rappers out there).....

Ya know Jet. I'm starting to think you're a skinny people bigot! :laugh::laugh:

Amatuers... :rolleyes:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a9jZJaEgDg[/YOUTUBE]

However, I wouldn't mind havin' this badboy:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D99NHb6B03s[/YOUTUBE]

LOL LOL Now THAT's American creativity!!!!!!!!!!! That dude reminds me of the prototype guy on the James Bond films.... (a younger version).

"Get's nasty? Get down to bizness."

:laugh:

Why aren't they going to produce that thing?

-copro

SHOTShow2008_MagPulGlockSubgun_Open_1_2-01-2-08.jpg

There's talk of MagPul making a semi-auto version, just like FN did for the P90.

Ya just never know when you're walking your dog or takin out the trash... :smuggrin:

Full-auto Glock...

[YOUTUBE]kBjUDCyDCuI[/YOUTUBE]

YEE-FRIGGIN'-HAW, BUDDY!

-copro

Be a lot cooler if he did tactical reload.

I bet that gun was friggin hot.

That was taped at the Machine Gun Shoot, which I posted about above. It's incredible.

If the weather is good, there can be about 10,000 people come through in a weekend, literally from around the world. The next one is April 11-13.

I love the Magpul guy. "if you're getting the mail, walking the dog, and any problems occur, and you need immediate action, you can get on target and go with it!" only in the good ol' US of A. Perhaps if I lived in north st. louis I would need that bad boy.