any one applied for UWO??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

ahmead

hi guys, i will applied for University of Western Ontario and i will do the practical test and the interview in august.
is there is anyone did or will do the practical teast of the wou?
i wanna know what they ask in interview?

thanx in advance

ahmad marei
mississauga, On

Members don't see this ad.

hi ahmead

the interview at UWO is just a casual one but the clinical exams cover most of the tooth preperations, am not sure what exactly they ask. it would have been better if you had attended their pre clinical course.
thank you.

simran said:
hi ahmead

the interview at UWO is just a casual one but the clinical exams cover most of the tooth preperations, am not sure what exactly they ask. it would have been better if you had attended their pre clinical course.
thank you.

hi sim, actully i tried to attend the preclinical course,but i didmot fined seat,and they told me that i have to apply for that course before 6 months!!! :cool:

any how,i would highly appreciate anyone help me and tell me what exactly the clinical test and the interview about.

take care
ahmad

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations Ahmad!
I wish you all the best with your application
Hanan

Hi
As far as I know they ask u almost everything in fixed prosthodontics and operative which would include
Full gold crown
PFM bridge usually from 14-16 or 24-26
All ceramic crown
Provisional crown in Integrity(material used)
Class 2 cavities with usually 3 surfaces involved say MODB on 36
Class 3
Class 4
Veneer Amalgam filling and I think u need to do composite filling too.

I hope this is of some help to u
All the best for ur exam

hi ahmead

bridge is right, i found out from someone and got the same information. i know it is difficult but don't worry you will do well. i think for the course you have to register before march 31st.
simran

thanx very much guys for ur hopes and ur support
more over im highly appreciat the information u gave me guys
may god make it easy for u all and me

by the way, do anyone know where can i fined the model teeth semilar to the one they make us do the preparation on them in the practical test?

im thinking of training myself on the preparation.

thanx again guys

ahmad marei

[
hi ahmead
howz u doing?even i'm looking for those model teeth.if u get them plz let me know as well.
regards.gag

Hi
They use frasco( I hope I spelt it correctly otherwise please excuse me for that) dentoforms and teeth for practicals.
Something similar but slightly bigger in size would be columbia dentoforms which u can easily get from CANDENT in toronto. I have mentioned columbia as it is easy to get extra teeth for columbia dentoforms. i have some friends who had problems with other companies as those need to be shipped from states and sometimes u may not get extra teeth in time. Rest I think is personal choice.
One thing I would like to suggest is try doing as much practise as possible and give it ur best shot coz even is u dont make it u need to leave a very good impression to be called the next time. It makes a whole lot of difference. Also western is supposed to have the toughest practical I think in Canada or probably in whole of north america. I hope this is useful.