Any other INFJ's out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wonderdog

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Statistically speaking, there aren't many INFJ's in the world, according to the Myers-Briggs's Personality Profile. I was wondering how many SDNers classify themselves as INFJ?

Members don't see this ad.

The first thing (and only thing) I saw when I opened this thread was "Accepted MD Class of 2017". I think your font is too small :)

Anyways, I'm an ESTJ. Sorry man!

Members don't see this ad :)
that's all good and well, and I actually did search before I posted :p , but I was specifically wondering about INTJ's as they are the rarest of the MB's personalities.
INTJ here!

I still need to take the test.

Sent from my iPad using SDN Mobile app.

Statistically speaking, there aren't many INFJ's in the world, according to the Myers-Briggs's Personality Profile. I was wondering how many SDNers classify themselves as INFJ?

INFJ here :cool:

I don't know how accurate the test is but it says that I'm an INTJ. :)

Reactions: 1 user
that's all good and well, and I actually did search before I posted :p , but I was specifically wondering about INTJ's as they are the rarest of the MB's personalities.

Guess I'm a rare type then...

Members don't see this ad :)
Not an INFJ but a fellow introvert(INTJ) :)

Took the test about 4 years ago. Don't remember anything about it. But I'm pretty sure I passed.

That's the one where the cop tells you to touch your nose, right?

INTJ
Introvert(22%) iNtuitive(50%) Thinking(50%) Judging(67%)

Stephen Hawking and Marie Currie qualify as INTJ. :)

Edit: C.S. Lewis! One of my all time heroes. <3

I am! :D

People who know me well say I fit the INTJ profile to a T but people who don't know me so well assume I am more of a ENFP. I've gotten myself into some not-so-great social situations in the past with my INTJ-ness so I've learned to put on more of a ENFP show, which has worked wonderfully :)

Oops... I just realized your thread says INFJ, not INTJ. As you can see, I'm on my way to becoming a very attentive and detail-oriented physician.

Correction, I know I mentioned INTJ in one of my posts, but I was wondering about INFJ's. My bad for the confusion.

One of my friends considers the Myers-Briggs to be Voodoo, but it really accurately explains many of the things I do.

I'm INFJ too. :)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using SDN Mobile

INFJ reporting here, and a Myers Briggs nerd at that :)

I just took the test. My results are: ISTP

Is this common?

I'm INTJ, but depending on the test I've landed on INFJ too.

I don't really see the point in these labels though.

Last edited:
While INFJ appears to be a rare type in the general population, in medicine this is not necessarily the case. I have Gifts Differing, the book written by MBTI creator Isabel Myers and she discusses the types of medical students at length. Apparently as a whole NFs, particulars INFs are much more likely to select medicine than say, an ESTJ even though ESTJs are one of the most common types. I think it has to do with the fact that NFs care so much about helping people (not that other temperaments don't) and that it is often the driving force in their lives. INFP btw, and unabashed MBTI/Jungian cognitive function nerd.

I just took the test. My results are: ISTP

Is this common?

Sensors tend to outnumber intuitives 3:1, however SPs are less common than SJs. (Who by most estimates make up about 40-45% of the general population)

Is there a free online test? I've never taken one.

Yeah you can try searching for one, there were several around a few years ago. I took a few of them just to see if it varied much but I got the same on all of them. They're pretty easy to find.

Yeah you can try searching for one, there were several around a few years ago. I took a few of them just to see if it varied much but I got the same on all of them. They're pretty easy to find.

Gotcha. I didn't know if the online ones were inaccurate knock offs or not (like some of the free online IQ tests).

Gotcha. I didn't know if the online ones were inaccurate knock offs or not (like some of the free online IQ tests).

They are in some ways. An actual MBTI test should be administered by a psychologist and blah blah. However, I think it's much easier to simulate the real deal than getting a well done IQ test.

Sorry, I'm an ISTJ today. (44%/12%/12%/22%)

Sometimes I get classified as an INFJ. My ST is only a slight preference. ^^;

I've gotten INTJ multiple times, but I have a question: how accurate are these tests? Aren't the results skewed to how we ideally see ourselves and not necessarily how we actually are? I know plenty to people who say they're perfectionists, or introverts, or extroverts, who are anything but. Just a thought

Reactions: 1 user