Any Pakistanis out there?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fado

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey i'm from Karachi,Pakistan and i'm about to finish my A'levels.I know that to do medicine you have to go to med school and all that stuff but what do we have to do to become a dentist? Do we have to go to med school and then dental school or what? My parents don't know much so I thought i'd ask you guys.
PS:Any information on dental education in Pakistan or the US or UK would be helpful.The web is not really that helpful!

Members don't see this ad.

hey fado,

to get admission here you r suppose to do Bsc in biology and after that you will go for DAT exam and this is conducted by canadian dental council and if you r lucky enough you will get admission in dental school, currently there are 6 dental universities in canada which offer D.D.S program in english and you need good G.P.A in B.Sc and good scores in D.A.T. Now about dentistry in karachi there are few dental colleges there, namly Baqai dental college, Karachi madical and dental college, Liaquat college of medicine and dentistry and Fatima Jinnah dental college, if you do dentistry from Pakistan you r suppose to sit for E.E exam here in canada and after that apply for two years advance standing program in any one of the canadian universities. E.E is conducted by association of canadian faculties of dentistry(ACFD). The procedure is same for U.S, there you go for National boards part 1 and part 2 conducted by ADA, if you do dentistry from Pakistan and chances are higher in U.S as compared to canada.

I hope this is useful

hey fado,

to get admission here you r suppose to do Bsc in biology and after that you will go for DAT exam and this is conducted by canadian dental council and if you r lucky enough you will get admission in dental school, currently there are 6 dental universities in canada which offer D.D.S program in english and you need good G.P.A in B.Sc and good scores in D.A.T. Now about dentistry in karachi there are few dental colleges there, namly Baqai dental college, Karachi madical and dental college, Liaquat college of medicine and dentistry and Fatima Jinnah dental college, if you do dentistry from Pakistan you r suppose to sit for E.E exam here in canada and after that apply for two years advance standing program in any one of the canadian universities. E.E is conducted by association of canadian faculties of dentistry(ACFD).

I hope this is useful

Members don't see this ad :)
heyy thanx alot man,that was really helpful.:thumbup: btw what program are you in?

Assalamualikum

So you're interested in dentistry?
Well here are some details you might be interested in...
If you want to do dentistry in the USA then be prepared to pay alot!!!
It's very expensive...plus you have to do your bachelors but you might be able to get into a combined B.S./DDS program here which is for 6 yrs.

In Pakistan, if you can't get into a government dental school try the private ones.... just be sure that they are recognized

Good Luck!!!!