Is there such a thing as "Academic H1-B" visa?

Started by kevind685
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kevind685

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello
I have 2 questions and would appreciate your help:

1. I need a H1-B to work in the US as a dentist. I've done some research on H1-B visa. I am wondering if there is such a category as "academic H1-B". I know academic and government NGO jobs are H1-B cap-exempt and the visa can be applied for at any time of the year, as opposed to other type of jobs. But I thought I had once heard someone say that there is a visa category called "academic H1-B". Could someone shed some light on this?

2. I had also heard that some Community Health Centers dentist jobs are not subjected to regular H1-B visa cap, and are considered cap-exempt. But from what info I can find on cap-exempt, only academic and research NGO jobs are cap-exempt, and community health center jobs don't seem to fit either of those categories. So a little confused.

Thanks
 
Hello
I have 2 questions and would appreciate your help:

1. I need a H1-B to work in the US as a dentist. I've done some research on H1-B visa. I am wondering if there is such a category as "academic H1-B". I know academic and government NGO jobs are H1-B cap-exempt and the visa can be applied for at any time of the year, as opposed to other type of jobs. But I thought I had once heard someone say that there is a visa category called "academic H1-B". Could someone shed some light on this?

2. I had also heard that some Community Health Centers dentist jobs are not subjected to regular H1-B visa cap, and are considered cap-exempt. But from what info I can find on cap-exempt, only academic and research NGO jobs are cap-exempt, and community health center jobs don't seem to fit either of those categories. So a little confused.

Thanks
 
Hello
I have 2 questions and would appreciate your help:

1. I need a H1-B to work in the US as a dentist. I've done some research on H1-B visa. I am wondering if there is such a category as "academic H1-B". I know academic and government NGO jobs are H1-B cap-exempt and the visa can be applied for at any time of the year, as opposed to other type of jobs. But I thought I had once heard someone say that there is a visa category called "academic H1-B". Could someone shed some light on this?

2. I had also heard that some Community Health Centers dentist jobs are not subjected to regular H1-B visa cap, and are considered cap-exempt. But from what info I can find on cap-exempt, only academic and research NGO jobs are cap-exempt, and community health center jobs don't seem to fit either of those categories. So a little confused.

Thanks

Have you had an info for your questions ?