New Here, I don't want braces. Is there a better option?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mattventura

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I live in the San Diego area and I am looking to try out some of those clear plastic braces (not sure what they are called) instead of going the traditional route of metal braces. Does anyone have any additional resources about this or know the cost, maintenance of going this route instead of the regular metal braces?
Matt

Members don't see this ad.

Are you talking about the invisalign trays? First you need to get an evaluation done by the dentist who is specialized in invisalign training or an orthodontist. They determine if you are a good fit for invisalign or not because invisalign cannot treat all ortho cases or severe malocclusions. Cost is around approx $5000 which usually insurances don't cover, some might cover a small percentage though. Depending upon the severity of your case you might have to wear the aligner trays for few months 24 hours a day and once the desired results are achieved, you have to wear retainers at night throughout your life or your teeth would move back to their original position. Maintenance is simple as opposed to if you are getting metal braces because you can clean them nicely and take them out while eating, but the more hours you wear, the better; you do get it some flexibility. Good luck!