any peds interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Completely agree, Jsmart! I've got UChicago, Northwestern, Stanford and the LA schools (and I'm a midwesterner!), but it's like I'm black-balled at NYU, Columbia, and Cornell :barf: . It does go to show how arbitrary this whole thing can be. So random! Then again, maybe it's just me but egos aside, there are only a few I really WANT to go to! :p

Members don't see this ad.

Completely agree, Jsmart! I've got UChicago, Northwestern, Stanford and the LA schools (and I'm a midwesterner!), but it's like I'm black-balled at NYU, Columbia, and Cornell :barf: . It does go to show how arbitrary this whole thing can be. So random! Then again, maybe it's just me but egos aside, there are only a few I really WANT to go to! :p

I know what you guys mean. Random indeed.
I DO think that programs in desirable locations (i.e. NYC, Denver, Boston, Cali) can be more selective regardless of how strong or crappy the program is. More appliants want to move there than say Cincinnati, St Louis, or Indiana, hence more applications to sift through.

I wouldn't worry about the NYC programs, Pedialyte, I don't think they're all that anyways (or so I tell myself....I've gotten no luf from Columbia or Cornell either....)

I think this is my interview list:

:thumbup:
Loyola
Northwestern
UChicago
Rush
Minnesota
Albert Einstein-Montefiore
Stanford
UCLA-Tri/Mattel
UCLA-Harbor (I'm thinking of cancelling)
CHLA
Dartmouth
MCW

Cancelled: Brown, Tufts, St. Chris, Stroger

:thumbdown:
Denied: NYU, Boston Children's
Permafrost: Cornell, Columbia

I may cancel 1-2 more. I just don't really want to do more than 10. I think I read on the NRMP website that you basicaly only need 10 in terms of matching in Peds. Good luck everybody!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just got an invite from Oakland, and I haven't gotten invites in weeks. How are you guys interpreting this stuff? I sort of think it's kind of shady and that it suggests I'm lower on their list as far as interest, so I'm wondering if I should bother interviewing. Thoughts anybody?
Thanks!
'Lyte

So I just got an invite from Oakland, and I haven't gotten invites in weeks. How are you guys interpreting this stuff? I sort of think it's kind of shady and that it suggests I'm lower on their list as far as interest, so I'm wondering if I should bother interviewing. Thoughts anybody?
Thanks!
'Lyte

Once you get the invite, I have heard we are all on the same playing field. So, you should go if it a place you want to end up.

Same with me. But I applied there later than other places. Kind of annoying cause I already booked a flight out there for UCSF and probably can't do the interview now.....

if you haven't heard back from a majority of the programs you applied to...is that a good thing???