any peds interviews yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
UCSD-today also

I got a Duke interview about a month ago, so they are offering, for whomever asked that.

Also on perma-hold with CHOP and not really interested anymore....

Members don't see this ad.

UCSD-today also

I got a Duke interview about a month ago, so they are offering, for whomever asked that.

Also on perma-hold with CHOP and not really interested anymore....

Cinci today ... isn't it funny. I heard from CHOP a month ago or so ... but still nothing from Vandy, Duke, Hopkins.

Has Columbia sent out the majority of their interviews? I saw maybe one person replying that they heard from Columbia... have others heard (good or bad?) If someone could post the interview dates, that would be great!

Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad :)
lovebands -- i don't know if columbia has sent out most of their invitations but i wanted to at least provide you with the dates i got in my invitation:
"We are interviewing on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from mid- November through January 2007". I have booked an interview but will probably cancel it since I don't really want to move to NYC so there should be at least one more interview going out:)

I hear people on the random rejections. I got interviews from both CHOP and Hopkins but was rejected by UChicago and will probably be rejected from UIllinois-Chicago since I haven't heard from them but most people seem to have by this point. Ah well...

blech don't feel bad Complications, they gave me my first one today too

anyone heard from stanford recently (good or bad)? still waiting to hear from them... ugh... i can't wait until i can stop being an obsessive-compulsive email checker!

I just heard from Stanford last friday so don't give up hope. Can anyone tell me more info about the UCSF program? How people like it, etc? I cannot get my Stanford and UCSF interview scheduled together and might not have the budget to do both flights.

Just wanted to bring that up. I can't wait! Just think, exactly 4 months from now, we'll all know where we'll be spending the next 3 years!!!:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, chhsu! I'm already waiting for this to be over, and it's only November! :eek:

Just got the rejection from Colorado, one of my top choices. I'm so sad. Looks like me and Denver will never be.

(self-rationalization: whatever! I've driven across the country multiple times before, and Denver is in the middle of friggin' NOWHERE!)

:(

So, I am couples matching and applied to lots of programs. So far:

Maimonides
UTMB Austin
Mercy Children's in MO
St. Louis Children's
SUNY Downstate
Driscoll Children's
UTMB Galveston
Scott and White
Stroeger Cook County

Still waiting
Dallas Children's
Houston (UT and Baylor)
San Antonio
Columbia NY

Got my first rejection e-mail from Denver. Oh well, saves both of us a flight.

Could any man tell me how he dressed for his dallas children's interview? The e-mail invite said to dress professionally but not in a suit - does that mean slacks, shirt, and tie? Thanks.

Dallas Children's also recommended that girls do not wear a suit as well. However, my friend interviewed there and she was the only one (out of all the girls and guys) that was not wearing a suit!! So I was thinking I would play it safe and just wear a suit.

Anyone else who has interviewed there already have any more advice??

I haven't been there yet, but I also liked how it said don't wear 3 inch heels. Seemed like an odd thing to put in an interview invite.....figures everyone would wear the suit anyhow.

I'll have to double check but I'm pretty sure U Chicago said no suits as well. I really think that I'll probably take both places up on the offer not to wear one... I have other, more comfortable yet still professional clothes that I can wear, and I figure they can't really hold it against you if you don't wear one when they said not to. However, if the programs are just doing it as some sort of weird test (which I doubt), then I don't really want to go there anyway.

just my 2c

Yeah, U Chicago stated in their interview email that dress was business casual which I'm not sure what that means. For a guy, does that just mean I don't have to wear a tie? Would it be silly to email a resident there and ask?

So, the interviewees have mostly been wearing suits, ties and coats, and the girls have been wearing suits too. However, I have seen one or two guys and girls without a suit coat.

I have been working there for the last month, so I have seen several interviewees come through.

When they tell you business casual at University of Chicago, don't worry, they really mean it. When I was there, about 1/2 the people wore suits, have wore nice slacks and a sweater or button down shirt (girls). I think guys would be fine without the jacket. They are a very friendly program and will not hold it against you if you do not wear a suit. That said, if the only thing you feel comfortable in is a suit, that is also fine. They just want you to be comfortable. Best of luck to all of you on the interview trail!

Rainbow Babies ... get this. The interview invite was in my med school's quarantine folder for the last two months! Freaking crazy.

Here's my list:
ORMC
USF
UF - Gainesville
Emory
Wake Forest
UNC
Baylor
UAB
DC Children's
CHOP
Michigan
Wash U - St. Louis
Univ. of Chicago
Rainbow
Cinici
OHSU

Still waiting on Duke, Hopkins and MGH (just applied here this week)

Hey guys,

Interviewing at the county program @ USC tomorrow. Wondering if anyone could give me a heads up on the basics? I've seen the schedule but parking, time finishes up etc? Thanks

anyone heard from ucsf or ucla-mattell? still haven't heard anything...

I got an invite on the 8th of this month to UCLA-TriCampus (Mattel). I can tell you that their interviews are basically Tues, Thurs and Saturday with one Wednesday per month (like in the middle of the month). Hope that helps; good luck!!

i heard from ucsf last week...coincidentally, within 24 hr of me writing to 'express my continued interest' in the program. first time i'd done something like that, but i guess it helped me!!

for anyone on hold with CHOP, i was finally offered an interview yesterday (though likely won't be scheduled for another week due to thanksgiving). enjoy the holiday and weekend!

here's what i've heard so far:
Cali
Oakland
Fresno :)
UCI :)
Harbor :)
USC :)
Loma Linda :)
CHOC :)
Davis - will let ppl know later

Midwest
Loyola
Rush :)
Lutheran General :)
Christ :)
Childrens memorial - will let know later
MCW :)

Other
Seattle
Oregon ?

do u really have to apply to this many programs because if you do i'm screwed

My interviews so far:
Baylor
UTSW
Emory
CHOP
Vanderbilt
Northwestern
Univ. of Chicago
Rush
UNC
UVA
USF
UF Jax
Indiana
UT Houston
Georgetown
New England/Tufts

Still haven't heard from:
Stanford
UCSD
Univ of Colorado
George Wash
Children's Hospital-Boston
Pitt
Mass Gen

dude (or dudette) this is an insane amount of programs u applied to...i would have to take out another loan to interview at all these places...geez

Could any man tell me how he dressed for his dallas children's interview? The e-mail invite said to dress professionally but not in a suit - does that mean slacks, shirt, and tie? Thanks.

boots and a cowboy hat baby! LOL! j/k

Just got the rejection from Colorado, one of my top choices. I'm so sad. Looks like me and Denver will never be.

(self-rationalization: whatever! I've driven across the country multiple times before, and Denver is in the middle of friggin' NOWHERE!)

:(

LOL! i've made the drive from Denver and SoCal and let me tell u...NOTHING in between. well a few towns in between and Salt Lake slightly up north but for the most part...middle america is empty space

i applied late into pediatrics and have yet to recieve any interview invites coincidentally i hate you all...lol j/k

Got an invite from Mass Gen the day before Thanksgiving.

It feels like it's getting kind of late in the invite season for peds, but looking at prior year's threads, I guess invites can trickle in for awhile...

Anyone else got schools hanging out there? I've heard nada from OHSU and UCSF (and still on hold for CHOP, but that's ok fine with me), but other than that I've heard something from everyone. Anyone else in the same boat?

Pretty much the same news here. I've heard from everyone except CHOP (funny because Penn is my undergrad alma mater). At this point, it's ok since I've gotten the interviews I really need geographically and I'm thinkin turning down some because of time/finances. I'm leaving for my interviews tomorrow afternoon and I'll pretty much be on the road except for a brief break over Xmas. My official interview list now in the order of visit:
U Wisconsin
U Michigan
Rainbow Babies
Loyola
Rush
U Chicago
Northwestern/Children's Memorial
Mayo
Washington U/St Louis Children's
Indiana U
Stanford
Hopkins

Cancelled 3 other interviews. Waiting only from CHOP.

Good luck on interviews. I'll try to post interview impressions as I go.

Got an invite from Mass Gen the day before Thanksgiving.

It feels like it's getting kind of late in the invite season for peds, but looking at prior year's threads, I guess invites can trickle in for awhile...

Anyone else got schools hanging out there? I've heard nada from OHSU and UCSF (and still on hold for CHOP, but that's ok fine with me), but other than that I've heard something from everyone. Anyone else in the same boat?

Really? Well I guess I'm screwed.

I've heard from all of my programs and here's my final list (in alphabetic order)...

INTERVIEWING AT:

Children's National DC
CHLA
CHOC
Cincinnati
Cornell
Dallas
Oakland
Phoenix Children's
Seattle
Stanford
UCLA
UCSD
UCSF
USC+LA County
Univ. of Chicago (but I cancelled)
Vanderbilt

ON-HOLD AT:

Johns Hopkins

REJECTED FROM:

Children's Boston
CHOP
Columbia
Denver
Northwestern

i'll add interview impressions later!

Interviews:
A.I. duPont/Jefferson
CHOP
Cincinnati
Children's Memorial/Chicago
Children's National/DC
Children's Hospital Pittsburgh
Johns Hopkins
NYU
Michigan
Minnesota
MSSM
Rainbow/CWRU
St Christopher's
Seattle Children's
UCSF

Rejects:
UChicago
Boston Children's
Colorado

Hold:
Cornell

Waiting.........nada......:sleep:
Columbia

To those of you interested in these programs, I'm dropping/cancelling my interviews at St. Chris, Tufts, and Brown today. Good luck! Here's to hoping we all get where we want to be... ;)

Medstudent99: I've gotta say, I agree with you. Interviews are weirdly tiring, it's expensive, and I still have rotations! I'm doing like 11, I think, and I feel like 11 is overkill. I mean, it's PEDS people! We're all going to match, and this isn't ophtho. We're not going to end up with our nineth choice...at least that's what I tell myself.

dude (or dudette) this is an insane amount of programs u applied to...i would have to take out another loan to interview at all these places...geez

I'm couples matching with someone doing Radiology.....that is why I applied to all those places. Once we both got a decent amount of interviews at the same places I cancelled about half of those...

Is anyone else waiting to hear back from CHOK currently? What days do they interview during the week? Thanks

Can anyone tell me more about these programs: Duke, Northwestern, Cincinatti, and Indiana? I currently have too many interviews scheduled and I am trying to figure out which ones to cancel.

Here's my tally to date:

INTERVIEWS:
Michigan
Vanderbilt
U Chicago
Columbia
UCLA
UW - Seattle
Stanford
Children's Oakland
UCSF (heard from last Sunday)
U of Rochester
Boston Combined
Children's National
Hopkins
Mass Gen (heard from last week)

PERPETUAL HOLD:
CHOP

NADA:
Oregon (I probably should email/call them, huh. Oh well.)

REJECTIONS:
Colorado

CANCELLED:
A ton because I was neurotic and applied to way too many. I may cancel one or two more. Maybe Mass Gen? I couldn't get it in the same week as Boston Children's and would thus have to make 2 trips.

At this point I have yet to hear a peep from about 5-6 programs. Given that is about December 1, what does that mean? If they were gonna reject...wouldn't they just do that...

I have my interview at Boston Combined next week and was wondering if anyone who has already interviewed could tell me when they received their info packet. Just curious as I will be out on interviews all next week.

i have to say looking at this list, it appears entirely random who gets a shot at one place and not another.
the vast majority of people who have posted their interviews on here have gotten seattle, denver, and portland. i got rejected by all three of those places (bite poop, if you're reading), but got interviews at michigan, UCSF, and northwestern.
what's the deal?

Is the Colorado program really tough to get into? I see some people with some pretty impressive interviews that have gotten rejected from Colorado.

Just wondering.