• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

any peds interviews yet?

Pedialyte

10+ Year Member
Aug 29, 2006
  1. Medical Student
    Completely agree, Jsmart! I've got UChicago, Northwestern, Stanford and the LA schools (and I'm a midwesterner!), but it's like I'm black-balled at NYU, Columbia, and Cornell :barf: . It does go to show how arbitrary this whole thing can be. So random! Then again, maybe it's just me but egos aside, there are only a few I really WANT to go to! :p

blanche

#$%&*[email protected]!!#?
    15+ Year Member
    Mar 12, 2006
    the heart of saturday night
    1. Fellow [Any Field]
      Completely agree, Jsmart! I've got UChicago, Northwestern, Stanford and the LA schools (and I'm a midwesterner!), but it's like I'm black-balled at NYU, Columbia, and Cornell :barf: . It does go to show how arbitrary this whole thing can be. So random! Then again, maybe it's just me but egos aside, there are only a few I really WANT to go to! :p

I know what you guys mean. Random indeed.
      I DO think that programs in desirable locations (i.e. NYC, Denver, Boston, Cali) can be more selective regardless of how strong or crappy the program is. More appliants want to move there than say Cincinnati, St Louis, or Indiana, hence more applications to sift through.

I wouldn't worry about the NYC programs, Pedialyte, I don't think they're all that anyways (or so I tell myself....I've gotten no luf from Columbia or Cornell either....)

Pedialyte

10+ Year Member
      Aug 29, 2006
      1. Medical Student
        I think this is my interview list:

:thumbup:
        Loyola
        Northwestern
        UChicago
        Rush
        Minnesota
        Albert Einstein-Montefiore
        Stanford
        UCLA-Tri/Mattel
        UCLA-Harbor (I'm thinking of cancelling)
        CHLA
        Dartmouth
        MCW

Cancelled: Brown, Tufts, St. Chris, Stroger

:thumbdown:
        Denied: NYU, Boston Children's
        Permafrost: Cornell, Columbia

I may cancel 1-2 more. I just don't really want to do more than 10. I think I read on the NRMP website that you basicaly only need 10 in terms of matching in Peds. Good luck everybody!!!!!!!

About the Ads

Pedialyte

10+ Year Member
        Aug 29, 2006
        1. Medical Student
          So I just got an invite from Oakland, and I haven't gotten invites in weeks. How are you guys interpreting this stuff? I sort of think it's kind of shady and that it suggests I'm lower on their list as far as interest, so I'm wondering if I should bother interviewing. Thoughts anybody?
          Thanks!
          'Lyte

ibeababydr

10+ Year Member
          Nov 11, 2006
          1. Medical Student
            So I just got an invite from Oakland, and I haven't gotten invites in weeks. How are you guys interpreting this stuff? I sort of think it's kind of shady and that it suggests I'm lower on their list as far as interest, so I'm wondering if I should bother interviewing. Thoughts anybody?
            Thanks!
            'Lyte

Once you get the invite, I have heard we are all on the same playing field. So, you should go if it a place you want to end up.

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.