any PGY-2 spots available?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kailiedu

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently looking for a PGY-2 spot in anesthesiology starting in 6/05 after my internship year is over. After half year of IM, I finally see the light and realize IM is not the way to go.

Can anyone point out any leads? How hard will be to obtain a position now as a PGY-1 (US graduate with aver boards score)?

Thanks a lot for your feedback,

Members don't see this ad.

It will be difficult starting this late. You need to e-mail/call as many programs as you can to find out if there is a position available and if not, if it would be possible to be considered for any spot that may open (resident gets the boot, class size expanded, etc.).

If you want to start in 05, you need to be very aggressive about the above and be willing to look at all possible locations.

Don't worry about board scores unless you are really, really low (<200 Step 1 and 2). Line up some attendings you feel would be willing to write you letters of rec. That may be a significant delaying factor, but first and foremost, you need to contact the programs now.