Any Pharmacist huns here do MLM as a side hussle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trailerpark

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious if any pharmacists have gotten bitten by the #smallbusiness, #entrepreneur, #bossbabe bug? :kiss:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Jesus dude

Reactions: 3 users
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Gtfo with this nonsense.

Shame on you or anyone who needs to sell pixie dusted snake oil via their MLM to make a few more dollars on the side.

Reactions: 12 users
Just curious if any pharmacists have gotten bitten by the #smallbusiness, #entrepreneur, #bossbabe bug? :kiss:

I don’t get it.. what does this mean?

Is this one of those new age get rich with my keyboard and Starbucks coffee image things? Let me guess - you have to be under 30 and have a passion for sleeping in to qualify?

Last edited:
I don’t get it.. what does this mean?

Is this one of those new age get rich with my keyboard and Starbucks coffee image things? Let me guess - you have to be under 30 and have a passion for sleeping in to qualify?

OP is referring to the pyramid schemes you see all over social media where people try to sell you essential oils/diet aids/exercise videos etc.

Last edited:
Avoided about 5 different of them so far

Avoided about 5 different of them so far
Which ones?
I am actively avoiding pharmacists pushing Lipsense, Beachbody, Mary Kay, and Nerium.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Would feel too embarrassed, non-professional, evil/immoral if that desperate to resort to that type of practice for some extra $$$...
Is it really worth the extra stress/effort/investment of time? Money does make people do a lot of stupid things

Reactions: 4 users
Which ones?
I am actively avoiding pharmacists pushing Lipsense, Beachbody, Mary Kay, and Nerium.

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
Beachbody, Jamberry (nails), Pish Posh Divas (skincare), Vasayo (pillz). I guess I only avoided 4. Although I did get out of several candle, legging and makeup parties. Most recent being "Beautycounter" whatever that is

Only two Pharmacists, one RN, the rest are non medical people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Remember most of these kids joined only for the money so this thread doesn't surprise me at all.

Anyone who sells plexus (especially pharmacists) should be backhanded.

If one more person mentions R+F to me I will mentally punch them in the nose. Also the word "hustle" outside of speed drills can f right off. I want to work less, not more.

I sell BeachBody, but mostly because I personally use the membership to get the shakeology discount. The shakes are a great quick and portable breakfast for the mornings of my 11 hour shifts at the pharmacy. I occassionally will have some friends buy some shakes from me, maybe make $30-40 off a bag, but definitely not force feeding it down anyones throat. Regardless, pharmacy is still my career. No #bossbabe #sidehustle here :laugh:

Watch betting on zero on netflix. It's pretty good.

Would feel too embarrassed, non-professional, evil/immoral if that desperate to resort to that type of practice for some extra $$$...
Is it really worth the extra stress/effort/investment of time? Money does make people do a lot of stupid things

What make it worst is they prey on friends and family. My wife told me someone started preying during a bridal shower. I hate all these MLM stuff on my FB feed.

What make it worst is they prey on friends and family. My wife told me someone started preying during a bridal shower. I hate all these MLM stuff on my FB feed.

It's mind boggling too. They have no shame, and then you are the dingus when you call them out on the predatory or annoying behavior.

I keep seeing this Rodan and Fields garbage on my Facebook feed from a couple former classmates.

I keep seeing this Rodan and Fields garbage on my Facebook feed from a couple former classmates.
Godzilla.jp_-_9_-_SoshingekiRado_Rodan_1968.jpg

Huns? As in the nomadic people of Asia, Caucasia and Eastern Europe? Derogatory slang term for Germans?

Last edited:
Yikes.
I hadn't noticed the title's details.

It reads like a Kappa Psi party invitation

If you need extra cash why don't you just pick up an extra shift? Sure beats wasting time and embarrassment.

One of my previous professors sells MLM skincare on facebook. :sick:

At first I misread that as "MTM" and thought "damn, he's getting burned at the stake for that?"

Then noticed it said "MLM"... oh, as you were.

I know of a pharmacist who sells Jamberry (or did, anyway) but she was mainly doing it for the discount, because she really liked that product.

Idk, Primerica is also annoying since for the non ignorant there is pretty much no reason to go through them for anything.

Anybody want to start up an MLM marketing scheme with me? I imagine it's pretty profitable for the people at the top getting idiots to do the work for them.

Reactions: 5 users
Anybody want to start up an MLM marketing scheme with me? I imagine it's pretty profitable for the people at the top getting idiots to do the work for them.

I'm in.

Be your own boss!
Quit your job and work part time from home!
Get those luxury items your deserve!
Gain financial freedom!
Empower yourself!
Earning potential is unlimited!

Join us in selling cryotocurrency on Facebook today!

Reactions: 2 users
I know of a pharmacist who sells Jamberry (or did, anyway) but she was mainly doing it for the discount, because she really liked that product.

I think the majority of people selling this overpriced crap, are doing so because they like the product and want to get the discounts. (and often the overpriced crap is a quality product, just ridiculously overpriced.) The problem is they have to be pushy, because they need to sells a certain volume, in order to keep their discount, and they really don't need that much of the stuff themselves. Reality is, if someone really, really, really wants the overprice crap, just pay the overprice for it, joining up to get a "discount" will cost far more money in the end (paying for overpriced training seminars, buying extra crap that will go to waste when they can't sell their monthly minimum to other suckers, etc.)

I can't believe some of the pharmacists on my FB feed who would sell their integrity for a couple buck on the side.

One pharmacist admitted to me she lost a thousand but couldn't continue doing it preying on family and friends.

Get that #entrepreneurship and #beyourownboss mlm out of here.

If you need extra cash why don't you just pick up an extra shift? Sure beats wasting time and embarrassment.
No one gets extra shifts nowadays... You are lucky if they give 1-2 your way a month.

I can't believe some of the pharmacists on my FB feed who would sell their integrity for a couple buck on the side.

One pharmacist admitted to me she lost a thousand but couldn't continue doing it preying on family and friends.

Get that #entrepreneurship and #beyourownboss mlm out of here.

I know pharmacists that have been deep into the MLM world ever since pharmacy school. I'm pretty sure they've never made money on it, and yet they keep on trying.

A coworker who was rather late to the game (started last year) states she makes good money off it. She sells rodan and fields. I have several former classmates selling it. She didn't give specifics but acted like it was >1k, im thinking that was gross sales and not profit tho at the time.

I know pharmacists that have been deep into the MLM world ever since pharmacy school. I'm pretty sure they've never made money on it, and yet they keep on trying.

She lost a thousand in 2 months. I would imagine people lost a lot more if they do it for a long time and buy into the BS.

I wonder how much they usually make.

A coworker who was rather late to the game (started last year) states she makes good money off it. She sells rodan and fields. I have several former classmates selling it. She didn't give specifics but acted like it was >1k, im thinking that was gross sales and not profit tho at the time.

I’d rather keep my integrity than sell snake oil, but whatever floats your boat.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

No one gets extra shifts nowadays... You are lucky if they give 1-2 your way a month.
I get a weekly email from the small chain I used to do float work for begging for people to pick up shifts in the Arctic Circle. Seriously though, there are places that really need coverage. There are at least 20 open shifts a month.

I looked up Rodan & Fields. It's massively overpriced skin care products.

Has anyone here ever noticed signs on strip-malls that say "NUTRITION" with no further information? I found out recently that those are run by Herbalife dealers. They are not allowed to advertise or put the company's name on anything outside the building, but there are actually people who are naive enough to believe that people will beat their doors down for meal-replacement smoothies.

I have a friend who does Rodan and Fields, she is a stay at home mom. She told me she averages $900/mo. I can understand how that is appealing, but if you work full time what's the point? I stopped following her on FB cause the daily ads were annoying.

I have a friend who does Rodan and Fields, she is a stay at home mom. She told me she averages $900/mo. I can understand how that is appealing, but if you work full time what's the point? I stopped following her on FB cause the daily ads were annoying.

The truth is she probably makes far less than that, or even loses money most months. People in these sorts of schemes are encouraged (or forced) to portray an image of success when they are often losing money. It's really sad and cultish.

The truth is she probably makes far less than that, or even loses money most months. People in these sorts of schemes are encouraged (or forced) to portray an image of success when they are often losing money. It's really sad and cultish.

I agree that it is very unlikely that she "makes" $900/month doing this. Maybe she grossed that much in sales but her share is bound to be much less. Even if she made 25% commission (and I have no idea how much the commission is) she would have to be selling thousands and thousands of dollars worth of the stuff. I am sure only the top 2% of their salespeople actually do that much "on average".

I doubt the company expressly forces her to lie about her success though. It seems more likely to me that she would do that due to the embarrassment of admitting what a mistake it was to get involved in the first place. Not to mention, who would buy from a salesperson who admits to being bad at it or a failure? There is every incentive, both societal and from a sales perspective, to exaggerate her success.

I agree that it is very unlikely that she "makes" $900/month doing this. Maybe she grossed that much in sales but her share is bound to be much less. Even if she made 25% commission (and I have no idea how much the commission is) she would have to be selling thousands and thousands of dollars worth of the stuff. I am sure only the top 2% of their salespeople actually do that much "on average".

I doubt the company expressly forces her to lie about her success though. It seems more likely to me that she would do that due to the embarrassment of admitting what a mistake it was to get involved in the first place. Not to mention, who would buy from a salesperson who admits to being bad at it or a failure? There is every incentive, both societal and from a sales perspective, to exaggerate her success.

Yeah, you're probably right about it not being forced. Considering most of these work under a model where you recruit others to work under you, it is in your best interest to portray yourself as successful. I personally knew someone who would make posts on Facebook about how much money they made and how they finally landed their dream job. I also know their parents and heard about how they constantly were begging for money to survive.

Yeah, you're probably right about it not being forced. Considering most of these work under a model where you recruit others to work under you, it is in your best interest to portray yourself as successful. I personally knew someone who would make posts on Facebook about how much money they made and how they finally landed their dream job. I also know their parents and heard about how they constantly were begging for money to survive.

It is fake it until you make it attitude.

When they realized it's a scam and have some skin into it, they can either quit and cut their lost or just pretend to be successful so they can lure someone else in.

Usually the rich and successful people never need to brag on social media. They don't need validation or unwanted attention.

Any of them claiming to make money on MLM ask to see their schedule C on their tax return.

I have a few friends that do that and are pretty satisfied. As they say, it's a great way to make some money on the side. One of my friends introduced me to https://www.abodycandle.com/modere-social-marketer/ but I don't really know much about how this business works, so I don't know what to say about that. From what I've heard, people make good money from this business, but I don't have personal experience so I can't express myself about that. Does anyone here have more experience with MLM?

Last edited:
Had no idea what MLM was so had to google it but before I did, my initial thought was that it was one of those onlyfans type of stuff... the way OP described it. lol