any pharmacy managers here for Wags?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lorain

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i was offered a spot assuming I was comfortable with it, they gave me a couple of weeks to respond, pending they told me i had to complete the following:

1) be a immunizer (done)
2) be familar with STARS (done)
3) how to deal with customers (done)
4) complete the 8hr PPL on pharm management (doing it this week)
5) be familiar with the daily and weekly paper work pharm manager has to do

can some1 expand on point 5? like does that mean being familiar with SIMS and storenet or what? of course i will ask my current manager but i wanted to hear what people on SDN wanted to say

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Most things your going to delegate, but you just need to know what needs to be done:

Daily: reserved/outstanding report (give to Sr Tech), Transfer to Competitor report (mine goes in the garbage). Know how to print out various KPIs (wait time, verified for other stores, tech metrics, etc)

Weekly: Order review needs to get done (usually twice weekly), excess inventory KPI needs to be worked, schedule should be done once a week (current plus two weeks out).

Monthly: Monthly Peer Review in STARS, chargebacks need to be worked, Bag Management report needs to be worked, Governmental Review Report needs to be worked.

There's probably more. That's all I can think of for now on the day-to-day things. (Yes, I am an RXM, have been on for seven years, six at a high volume 500+/day store)

don't do it!! once upon a time i wanted to be a mgr too, but after seeing all the crap they have to deal with it's not worth it. unless you want to be a supervisor someday and this is just a stepping stone, then i would understand. just be a staff rph, you don't have to deal with all the complaints that the mgr has to deal with. i always just tell the trouble customers to come back when the mgr is working and that's that. i don't know about the low volume stores, but i've worked at high volume stores for 4 yrs and my mgrs don't seem as passionate about their position as they were when they took the job. and all my friends that are/were mgrs for other companies say it's not worth it either.

Members don't see this ad :)
this is a 150 a day store, that seems pretty chill to me

Most things your going to delegate, but you just need to know what needs to be done:

Daily: reserved/outstanding report (give to Sr Tech), Transfer to Competitor report (mine goes in the garbage). Know how to print out various KPIs (wait time, verified for other stores, tech metrics, etc)

Weekly: Order review needs to get done (usually twice weekly), excess inventory KPI needs to be worked, schedule should be done once a week (current plus two weeks out).

Monthly: Monthly Peer Review in STARS, chargebacks need to be worked, Bag Management report needs to be worked, Governmental Review Report needs to be worked.

There's probably more. That's all I can think of for now on the day-to-day things. (Yes, I am an RXM, have been on for seven years, six at a high volume 500+/day store)

thank you so much, this is what I was looking for, i now know what i need to hone my skills on....thanks

ok, that does seem like it will be a pretty chill store. i changed my mind... go for it!! hehe:D

im at a store that does 576 a day with just one senior tech, barely any rph overlap, and lots of controls

i figure going to 150 + mgmt duties cant be any worse