Any Pre-Med Students from Austin, TX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

foreverLaur

MSN, RN, CNE
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am relocating to Austin, TX to take premedical coursework. I want to become a physician assistant.

All the schools require upper level human anatomy and human physiology. I searched UT-Austin's website and called and couldn't find any human based anatomy/physiology courses with a lab. Austin Community College does have them, but they are only 200 level classes and do not have a cadaver based lab.

If anyone took anatomy/physiology in the Austin area.... any ideas where to look? I really need to get these classes for grad school!

Thanks bunches :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey i went to ut for undergrad i would suggest getting in touch with the health professions office. below is the link to the website. :)

http://cns.utexas.edu/hpo/

I don't believe that UT offers a human based A&P with a cadaver lab. The only upper division A&P that I am aware of is vertebrate (BIO365R, BIO365S).

I would also recommend contacting the HPO as mentioned above.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't believe that UT offers a human based A&P with a cadaver lab. The only upper division A&P that I am aware of is vertebrate (BIO365R, BIO365S).

I would also recommend contacting the HPO as mentioned above.

Oooh congrats at UT Southwestern. They're by far my top pick for PA school... one of the best in the country.

Thanks for the website - tons of help :)

The classes with a lab component that will satisfy PA requirements are BIO 416K and BIO416L...these courses have lab components....the upper division BIO 365R and BIO365S are strictly physiology classes with no lab component. The only human anatomy class I know of at UT is KIN 324K (Applied Human Anatomy). Like everyone else said, contact the Health Professions Office.

I know at least UTMB and UTSW will not count BIO 416K and BIO416L because they state they are not for premedical students. They also require labs with physiology. UTMB for sure will not count Austin CC even though they are human anatomy/physiology because they are at a low level and at a CC.

At my undergraduate institution we had human anatomy with a cadaver based lab. Our local community college also had a cadaver based lab with human anatomy. I wish schools in Austin did the same...