Any runners in Kansas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alliecat44

KSU CVM Class of '11
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, all,

I'm itching to run the Rock 'n Roll Half-Marathon in Virginia Beach this September 2. (I ran it last year, and it was tons of fun!) However, that would mean my longest training runs (12 miles/13 miles/14 miles) would be SOLO in Kansas. At the start of my first semester of vet school. AACK!

If anyone is interested in running these long runs with me--as part of your own training program for whatever race or just for the hell of it--please let me know! We runners tend to be a friendly lot, and I like to think I'm no exception. :) And it's a great way to get to know a new classmate and maybe review stuff together!

However, I'm not particularly fast, and I'm aiming for a race time of 2:13 (or ten-minute miles), which puts my training runs at 11-12 minute miles. I tend to run these early on Sunday mornings, before the heat kicks in. And then tend to have a decadent brunch with my running partner(s). Great excuse to stuff ourselves. :)

If interested, please let me know. Thanks, and look forward to seeing you next year!

Members don't see this ad.