Any smoking pre-dents here?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm no smoker, but I'm ashamed to be associated with the non-smokers on this thread. Addictions are serious issues that quite often have a cellular/genetic basis. Some forms of addiction are also indicators of mental health problems such as OCD. So before all the self-righteous do-gooders start harping on people who smoke, answer me this: would you be so negative and derogatory to someone who was obese? If so, go ahead and start a thread entitled, "Any fat pre-dents here?" so that you can rip into them for a while. After all, as future doctors (and yes, dentists are doctors) shouldn't we all be thin and healthy?

Members don't see this ad.

Count me in the fat pre-dents group! We rock! :cool:

You must mean your mothers house . Let me know when you actually get into school.

time for you to move out of mommy's house and grow up. you sound like a 6 year old and defenitely not mature enough to even treat a monkey

Members don't see this ad :)
Talk about do-gooder. Go away, no one wants to hear your opinion.

I'm no smoker, but I'm ashamed to be associated with the non-smokers on this thread. Addictions are serious issues that quite often have a cellular/genetic basis. Some forms of addiction are also indicators of mental health problems such as OCD. So before all the self-righteous do-gooders start harping on people who smoke, answer me this: would you be so negative and derogatory to someone who was obese? If so, go ahead and start a thread entitled, "Any fat pre-dents here?" so that you can rip into them for a while. After all, as future doctors (and yes, dentists are doctors) shouldn't we all be thin and healthy?

Can we close this thread...it's just a bunch of stupid personal attacks at this point.

I have to say I am sorry for my initial post. I have been a real jerk lately. Seriously, I just hope everyone quits for their own sake, but I have no room to talk. I smoked for a while a few years ago, and I enjoy the occasional drink. So forgive me smokers. I'm off to read a chapter and go to bed.

I'm going to go ahead and pose the obvious question here...smoking what? Tobacco? Reefer? Rocks? Tea leaves?

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

I agree smoking and dentistry don't really go together... personally i would be grossed out if my dentist came to look at my teeth with tar all around his and had some raunchy breath:laugh:
if my dentist has worse teeth than me, that's a big problem:eek:

Check this, my dentist when i was little was a smoker, he would smoke between seeing each of his patients.....AND THIS WAS BEFORE DENTISTS WORE GLOVES!!!!!! he subsequently died of a massive heart attack.:cool:

Dude keep telling yourself this ****. Who do you think your kidding? No one knew my ass. Is that how your justifying it. Good luck on getting in to DS. If I was your interviewer I would fire your a$$ right out the door.

In my opinion the only people who smoke are of one type. Thats the shady type. Smoking sucks

lmao, ur a douche bag man.:cool:

Smoking/drinking/whatever are all choices that each and every person has the right to make themselves. Why does everyone else have to judge them for it? A lot of college students smoke and drink a lot, but that does not mean it will follow them all the way until adulthood. I'm pretty sure most of these predents will stop smoking by the time they are professionals, so no reason to come on here and start attacking people for what they do. You don't see anybody telling all the bookworm virgins on here to stop masturbating so much cause you might go impotent (or so Sigmund Freud believed). Once again, another thing I'm sure they will stop by the time they get married....or not...whatever floats your boat.

can u really go impotent from masturbating?:eek:

well.........is this the end?;)

You lyao for a reason and thats because it's true. The only douche here is you and thats because your to busy trying to humor yourself and others. Did you get your feelings hurt becuase you fell into this catagorey of addicts that can't control themselves. Or maybe your just one of the cool kids playing your giutar and smoking underneath the bleachers after highschool. Sorry I hurt your feelings douche. There now were done.
lmao, ur a douche bag man.:cool:

$20 says sirshagalot can pee further than klfb80, any takers?

Klfb80, it sounds like you got your feelings hurt. Now your cyber-identity is ruined!! Seriously, you are another I hope does not get into dental school. Also, are you upset becaue you could never get the hang of the guitar? It's not that hard, I promise. Pick up tab if you have to, just practice every day. Good luck in your search for life, sounds like you have just started.

Sorry, wrong on all accounts :thumbdown: . I can pee farther, already in dental school, and I am the guitar hero champ. Eat it. :cool:
Hurt my feelings, you couldn't possibly. hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahah. You owe me $20 bucks
$20 says sirshagalot can pee further than klfb80, any takers?

Klfb80, it sounds like you got your feelings hurt. Now your cyber-identity is ruined!! Seriously, you are another I hope does not get into dental school. Also, are you upset becaue you could never get the hang of the guitar? It's not that hard, I promise. Pick up tab if you have to, just practice every day. Good luck in your search for life, sounds like you have just started.

You lyao for a reason and thats because it's true. The only douche here is you and thats because your to busy trying to humor yourself and others. Did you get your feelings hurt becuase you fell into this catagorey of addicts that can't control themselves. Or maybe your just one of the cool kids playing your giutar and smoking underneath the bleachers after highschool. Sorry I hurt your feelings douche. There now were done.

what are u talking about? u didnt hurt my feelings......

bro/chick/person maybe you should settle down just a little...why are you acting like a caged animal? I am very proud of your guitar hero skills (I freaking love that game) but come on guy, why is the next person that smokes any less of a human than you and why would that make them any less of a dentist? While I agree that practicing dentists should not smoke, period, I also feel that you cannot judge a person as wholly as you have by a single bad habit. I'm sure you have some bad habits that someone else could make fun of or put you down for. I guess what I am trying to say is that tact and diplomacy will come in handy when you start your own practice and NOW is as good a time as any to start practicing both.

Good luck and what school are you at btw?

P.S. Shags, the douche thing might have been a little overboard...(t&d)