Any Somali pursuing pharmacy??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pharm001

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there is any Somali students pursuing pharmacy in this forum? Either pre-pharmacy or Pharmacy students.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Pharm001 I'm somali and actually I'm deciding to apply for this upcoming fall 2011

Hey Pharm001 I'm somali and actually I'm deciding to apply for this upcoming fall 2011

Hey Nykick, i'm happy to hear that you will be applying. I also applied to few schools and waiting for upcoming interviews.
So which school do u attend? and which schools are you considering to apply? FYI am Somali too..

Members don't see this ad :)
Pharm001 I attend San Diego State University. I'm considering on applying to Virginia Commonwealth University, Ohio State University, California Northstate anywhere close to relatives so expenses could be less. I was Pre Med and Switch PharmD. How about you?

Pharm001 I attend San Diego State University. I'm considering on applying to Virginia Commonwealth University, Ohio State University, California Northstate anywhere close to relatives so expenses could be less. I was Pre Med and Switch PharmD. How about you?

Thats great. I'm currently attending University of Minnesota. I applied to U of MN, U of Iowa, Midwestern Chicago $ Glendale, Howard, and Belmont. I have got interviews coming up; Jan 28 U of MN, Jan 5 Midwestern Chicago and Feb 12 Howard. I'm still looking forward to the others.
I would suggest you apply earlier coz most schools do rolling admissions. Nway why did you switched from Pre Med?

WOW.... thats wonderful to hear, good luck and congrats on the interviews. i was thinking about Howard and Iowa U but missed the deadline because of transcript issue :( :( I switched from Pre Med because i realize that i really was not in love nor interested in the field. I volunteered at hospital for the past year or so and did not like it. What your Stats mine is
GPA 3.6
PCAT 50%
ScienceGPA:3.4
Research experience, Pharmacy Tech

WOW.... thats wonderful to hear, good luck and congrats on the interviews. i was thinking about Howard and Iowa U but missed the deadline because of transcript issue :( :( I switched from Pre Med because i realize that i really was not in love nor interested in the field. I volunteered at hospital for the past year or so and did not like it. What your Stats mine is
GPA 3.6
PCAT 50%
ScienceGPA:3.4
Research experience, Pharmacy Tech

My stats are very similar to yours.
cGPA 3.62
sGPA 3.65
PCAT 53 (chem 85, bio 84, QA 54, VA & RC <30:thumbdown:, writing 3.5/3.5)
No Bachelors degree, No pharmacy experience
Few hours of pharmacy shadowing
Great LOR (Org chem professor, Pharmacist and Calc professor)
Outstanding essay

Suggestion for your application essays, make sure to mention that you are Somali and discuss the specific needs for pharmacy in your community and your plans to meet those challenges. Dont forget to talk about your contribution to the diversity of the school. Again apply early!