Any Summer Fellowship, Internship, or Employment Opportunities?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramsestiger

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was wondering if there are any opportunities out there that would make a premed.-to-med. student a decent amount of money this summer! I've been searching through the research fellowships/internships and all of them seem to be for current undergrads.

I just want to make some money! I am currently in Pittsburgh, but I would be more than willing to travel somewhere (or even travel continuously) if the right amount of money is there. I would hope the job is at least somewhat interesting, but even that wouldn't be a huge deal. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Standardized test prep teaching (Kaplan or TPR).

Some schools have pre-M1 research opportunities.. If your med school has a program, you could try those. Or you can work at a lab where you'll be going to med school next year just by contacting the faculty member there after reading about their research or something (that works sometimes, and they hire you and pay you hourly wages...i've seen it done).

You would have really benefit from the Moffit program in Tampa Bay. They pay undegrads $2500 for 8 or 10 weeks

I think the applications are in you should check

Do a search on Moffit in Tampa Bay

Its oncology research

Or you could see if Roswell Park (where i'm going to be this summer still has its application processs stille open

AK